Best E09K + E17 setup with passive speakers
Mar 1, 2014 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

LeroyJones

New Head-Fier
So I'm pretty new. I posted a similar question in the introduction help thread.

Anyway, that one veered off a bit. I wanted to specifically ask about outputting to passive speakers.

Is there a way to do that without using a another amp in the line: E09K → passive speaker set?
Or must it be E09K → Amp → passive speakers.

In all of this, I can connect the amplified speakers to the Line Out outputs but then I'd lose volume control of the E09K. I don't want this option.

The real limitations are that the E09K only has one set of speaker outputs (at any one time) so there is a need to go from 1 set of RCA outs to 2 sets (left and right). Is there a cable splitter of some sort that would go from 1 male RCA set to 2 male RCA sets?

Second limitation is the notion that since the E09K is an amplifier it would be deleterious to connect it to self-powered speakers via the Pre-Out outputs. Specifically, some have said that powering already self-powered speakers would damage the amp in the self-powered speakers.

If this is true, I simply want to avoid it and try to connect a passive set like the AudioEngine P4s, but hopefully without the need for a redundant amplifier.

Does anyone have any experience with this or insight? I'd greatly appreciate you sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back