Best drug-related album/CD or most "trippy" CD/album...
Jan 4, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #76 of 124
Chipmunk Punk by Alvin and The Chipmunks

http://www.amazon.com/CHIPMUNK-Feat-Simon-Theodore-Excelsior-XLP-6008/dp/B00933MIUU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357330459&sr=8-2&keywords=alvin+and+the+chipmunks+lp

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #77 of 124
Hope this thread keeps going as have already purchased 2 of Meat Beat Manifesto CD's via what groups have been listed so far (& continuing to research others).

My contribution - "Felt Mountain" by Goldfrapp

Very difficult to describe, combination of trippy instrumental bits, classical instrumental bits, unusual instruments & lovely female voice which melds into a melodic presentation.

Following albums by Goldfrapp were totally different/genre (as if a totally different band) untill "Seventh Tree" which came back to the Felt Mountain's hard to describe music, in a perhaps more accessible/popular way.

Both are desert island material for me.

Jan 8, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #79 of 124
Since I can't think of all the names, maybe due to drug use lol, I'll just add bands on some of these. It's usually a personal thing and how people react to drugs, but I have said it before: Music makes the drugs better, not drugs make music better (except weed, which might be why I like Steely Dan a lot lol), also, some of my picks are just trippy to begin with and may cause severe reaction when played while on drugs.
Trippier
Pink Floyd "The Wall" or any other post 1971 album of theirs for the most part
Roger Waters Pros and "Cons of Hitchhiking"
Grateful Dead "workmans dead"
The Dandy Warhols "earth to the dandy warhols"
The Brian Jonestown Massacre "and this is our music"
Jimi Hendrix: I guess "Axis bold as love" my favorite
Panda Bear "Tomboy"
Camel "A Compact Compilation"
Fugazi "The Argument"
Black Sabbath "Children of the Grave"
Voivod "Phobos"
White Zombie "La Sexersisto"
Stonier:
Robert Pollard "Waved Out" and "Speak Kindly of your volunteer fire department"
Donovan "hurdy gurdy man" or "A gift from a flower garden"
Nick Drake "five Leaves left" or "Byter Lyter"
Steely Dan
Mazzy Star
Spacemen 3
Muse
Sons of Silence "Silence FM"
Dr.Dre lol
Del The Funky Homosapien "Both Sides of the Brain"

Jan 10, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #80 of 124
My personal favorites

Weed- Bob Dylan's anything, Rolling Stones Beggars Banquet is great, The Chronic 2001 by Dre (duh) and I really enjoy O.K. Computer by Radiohead
Coke-Marylyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar.  Best Coke album ever.
Crack-Obie Trice's Cheers/Tech N9ne's Everyready ( I have to listen to rap smoking rocks, it just vibes)
Ecstasy- Trick question, everything is awesome on Ecstasy, but I get robot ears, so I gotta say Benni Bennassi's Cooking for Pumpking or Crystal Method's Vegas Deluxe Edition with the 2'nd C.D. of mixes
Mushrooms-Pink Floyd's anything, but be careful, Floyd can get REAL heavy on hallucinogens.  Also, Pinkerton by Weezer.
Acid-Some 60's stuff, Hendrix's Are you Experienced and Sgt Peppers comes to mind, but I prefer Shpongle or Infected Mushroom on acid, it seems to "fit" better with my psyche somehow.  
Meth-Don't care, can't listen to a whole album on Meth, I'll think of a better one before it's done.  Technical Death Metal usually.
Herion- Marcy Playground's Self Titled Debut, Velvet Underground's the Velvet Underground and Nico, Pat mAcdonald's Troubadour of Stomp,  Acoustic G.G. Allin, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robot by The Flaming lips, I could go on for days Herion makes music great.  But it's death, don't do herion children it slowly eats you away, until you're left a shadow with no soul.
Sizzurp- Lil John and the East Side Boyz- Crunk Juice, DJ screw's old mixtapes if you're really getting your swerve on.
DMT- Pretty much the only thing I listen to on DMT is Meddle by Pink Floyd.  One of these Days is a perfect track to blast off on, then it eases up as you come down, and by the time Echoes is over you're baseline and good to go.
Alcohol-Rolling Stones Exile on Main Street, Johnny Winters Second Winter, as well as Still Alive And Well.  Hank Williams III's Alone and Dying, Lynyrd Skynyrd's Second Helping.

That's enough for now, the DEA's probably gonna be at my doorstep by tomorrow.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #82 of 124
There's been a lot of talk the past couple of days about how the Baseball Hall Of Fame doesn't want to admit players who may have used performance enhancing drugs.

What if the Rock 'N Roll Hall Of Fame had similar rules? 
blink.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #84 of 124
Quote:
My personal favorites

Weed- Bob Dylan's anything, Rolling Stones Beggars Banquet is great, The Chronic 2001 by Dre (duh) and I really enjoy O.K. Computer by Radiohead
Coke-Marylyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar.  Best Coke album ever.
Crack-Obie Trice's Cheers/Tech N9ne's Everyready ( I have to listen to rap smoking rocks, it just vibes)
Ecstasy- Trick question, everything is awesome on Ecstasy, but I get robot ears, so I gotta say Benni Bennassi's Cooking for Pumpking or Crystal Method's Vegas Deluxe Edition with the 2'nd C.D. of mixes
Mushrooms-Pink Floyd's anything, but be careful, Floyd can get REAL heavy on hallucinogens.  Also, Pinkerton by Weezer.
Acid-Some 60's stuff, Hendrix's Are you Experienced and Sgt Peppers comes to mind, but I prefer Shpongle or Infected Mushroom on acid, it seems to "fit" better with my psyche somehow.  
Meth-Don't care, can't listen to a whole album on Meth, I'll think of a better one before it's done.  Technical Death Metal usually.
Herion- Marcy Playground's Self Titled Debut, Velvet Underground's the Velvet Underground and Nico, Pat mAcdonald's Troubadour of Stomp,  Acoustic G.G. Allin, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robot by The Flaming lips, I could go on for days Herion makes music great.  But it's death, don't do herion children it slowly eats you away, until you're left a shadow with no soul.
Sizzurp- Lil John and the East Side Boyz- Crunk Juice, DJ screw's old mixtapes if you're really getting your swerve on.
DMT- Pretty much the only thing I listen to on DMT is Meddle by Pink Floyd.  One of these Days is a perfect track to blast off on, then it eases up as you come down, and by the time Echoes is over you're baseline and good to go.
Alcohol-Rolling Stones Exile on Main Street, Johnny Winters Second Winter, as well as Still Alive And Well.  Hank Williams III's Alone and Dying, Lynyrd Skynyrd's Second Helping.

That's enough for now, the DEA's probably gonna be at my doorstep by tomorrow.

From my experience , both acid and shrooms would present an issue just setting up my listening experience , let alone doing a critique
regular_smile .gif

These days I pretty much stick to a doobie come listening time , and even that presents some pretty funny moments if I set up after smoking , instead of prior

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #85 of 124
Quote:

From my experience , both acid and shrooms would present an issue just setting up my listening experience , let alone doing a critique
regular_smile%20.gif

These days I pretty much stick to a doobie come listening time , and even that presents some pretty funny moments if I set up after smoking , instead of prior

Shrooms are not good for anything that involves depth perception. I could only imagine trying to play some records on shrooms and slamming my $300 needle on a rare record
gs1000.gif

While smoking I usually end up starting a project that ends poorly, like converting all my music into another format or moving files to a wrong folder.  I'd much prefer listening to music on LCD2's than LSD, LOL

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #89 of 124
Hallway of the Gods is the trippiest album I ever heard. I have a friend who is a professional psychonaut. he concurs.  It's by The Legendary Pink Dots. Lucifer Landed is the best cut but out of context its no good. The saucers are coming! 

Yeah, any of the 'saucers' tracks from LPD are good. "There is no moon tonight but the sky is silver! Turn out the lights ! turn off the radio! This is a taped message! The saucers are coming and we don't know what they're intentions are but we are preparing for the worst possible scenario! Lock your doors! Hide in your cellar! Don't make a sound, don't even whisper! switch ME off NOW! The saucers are coming!  I shudder whenever I hear that one.

also "bad news, and good news in unequal doses. Some of it sinks in, and some of it drifts out. One of those spring evenings where you're just happy to be alive. Standing here, washing dishes". IT's SO CREEPY.

But the best lyric maybe I ever heard is on this one also. "Where I could dance without 100 fingers pointing, where the laughs were never mean" Lovely stuff.

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #90 of 124
Quote:
Hallway of the Gods is the trippiest album I ever heard. I have a friend who is a professional psychonaut. he concurs.  It's by The Legendary Pink Dots. Lucifer Landed is the best cut but out of context its no good. The saucers are coming! 

Pretty Cool :)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RBaNI46D59U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back