Best DIY amplifier for LCD-2
Jul 26, 2013 at 6:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

titusgroan

New Head-Fier
Previously I have built a Bottlehead Crack for my HD650, the pairing is excellent. I would like to do the same for my LCD-2s but haven't come across any threads discussing good DIY amps for this headphone - any suggestions? Has anybody tried the Mainline amplifier from Bottlehead?

Jul 26, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Previously I have built a Bottlehead Crack for my HD650, the pairing is excellent. I would like to do the same for my LCD-2s but haven't come across any threads discussing good DIY amps for this headphone - any suggestions? Has anybody tried the Mainline amplifier from Bottlehead?

Budget?

There are some great jolida dacs on ebay now for a decent price. You can just make a speaker amp to headphone converter by wiring some resistors together. 

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #3 of 3
IMO, the M^3 is great pairing.
The M^3 is not difficult to build, and compared to other amps, it's more "flexible" because it can be build either with bass boost or with variable gain to accomodate perfectly to different headphones in case you have more than one. A variety of opamps can also be used in order to adapt to your taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back