Best DAP under 200: Xduoo X3 II vs Fiio X3 III vs Cowon Plenue D vs Hidizs AP80
Dec 27, 2018 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fabriziojpiva

New Head-Fier
Hello guys, are you you doing? Hope you are great. First off, I want to let you know I am completely new in this forum and also don't consider myself an audiophile, but I am eager to learn lots of things.

As the topic says, my budget goes up to €200 strictly. Having clarified this, I have been reading a lot about these DAP's, some of them are oldies, but that does not mean they are not good.

Let's get straight to the point. I hold a Mee Audio Pinnacle P1 as IEM, 70% of my music is electronic, the rest is divided among pop, alternative rock, and trance. I would prefer my new music player to have physical buttons because I would like to use it not only at home but also when going out to run or riding my bike, and touch buttons are not so comfortable under this scenario. Same with the size, a big one could be a cumbersome when doing sports.

What are your thoughts? If you have one of these DAP's, could you share me your experience? This will be my first DAP and would like to spend my money wisely. Feel free to chip in :)

Apr 7, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #5 of 5
Which one did you get in the end ?....I have the Xduoo x3 ( one black and one silver ) both filled with two 64 gb cards full of Flac & mp3 files. Sound is good for me, Playing into my hifi ( Y lead ) or headphones....The only thing I would like more is battery power...Getting about 8 hr max. Either in headphone out at 60 volume, or the Line out..( which is fixed at 100 )...BUT at about £43 each.....im ok so far.
Been reading up on the Cowon d, and Xduoo x3ii, + others....Its a minefield out there, and hardly anywhere to hear before you buy ...In the uk Richer sounds have the Cowon D... which is fixed price everywhere at £199.....or ebay shop 180 opened box..
So not great...and looks like every dap as some issues....one thing or the other......Its really what do you want ?
Price...Sound...Funtions..Bluetooth... Wifi….Storage....Size....Battery life.( changing the battery even ) ….Showing cd art work....Screen size....Bugs ???
Wish it was more easy to just get one which does the lot.....lol......but thats not going to happen...
Also what can you pick up in your area...shops, etc.....or will it have to be internet, ebay type place, …. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back