Best DAP synergy with JH13 v2
Jun 14, 2021 at 10:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

zg1984

Head-Fier
Hi all,

I have a pair of JH13 v12 and have been using them together with a Fiio X5 2nd gen DAP. I have been enjoying this pairing a lot but am ready for an upgrade on the DAP side. Would love to get your suggestions of which DAP you think pairs/synergizes best with the JH13 v2 in terms of sound quality and why? My budget is around $1k; a bit more is fine but won't go way over it.

I mainly listen to FLAC, WAV, and DSD files. I had an eye for Astell&Kern DAPs over the year, but have to admit this wasn't an educated bias. I never heard/used one and this probably goes back to some posts I read. Saw more than a few recs for Cayin products (N6ii for example) as well as Sony Walkman. That said, I am completely open minded.

My criteria are (in that order):
1. Sound quality: I like neutral and clear, with a good separation between instruments.
2. Build quality & costumer service: a robust product that would survive for long, but has good customer service, if needed.
3. Operating system: I'm ready for something more modern than Fiio X5 scroll wheel :), though this doesn't have to be smartphone grade OS (wifi connectivity would be nice).
4. Battery life: Preferably not ridiculously short, but willing to sacrifice some battery life for SQ, for example

Thanks much in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back