best dap for tidal streaming
Apr 28, 2018 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Sound Eq

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi everyone

I was wondering which is the best dap ( price no issue ) for tidal streaming that supports MQA, with offline storage to sd card

User experience is a must to be smooth, as I have the fiio x5ii and no way can it be used for tidal as the user experience is bad

May 3, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #2 of 21
For portable offline Tidal with MQA support through Tidal, at present, your only option is the LG V30.

The Onkyo DP-X1 and DPX1A plus the Pioneer XDP-100R and XDP-300R all support Tidal offline and MQA, but I do not know if they support MQA via Tidal. My suspicion is no.

If you want to go all out, look for the LG V30 Signature series. 256GB internal storage, 6GB RAM and it's described as having expandable storage. Limited release, costly, and might only be in Korea are some of its drawbacks.

May 4, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #6 of 21
For portable offline Tidal with MQA support through Tidal, at present, your only option is the LG V30.

The Onkyo DP-X1 and DPX1A plus the Pioneer XDP-100R and XDP-300R all support Tidal offline and MQA, but I do not know if they support MQA via Tidal. My suspicion is no.

If you want to go all out, look for the LG V30 Signature series. 256GB internal storage, 6GB RAM and it's described as having expandable storage. Limited release, costly, and might only be in Korea are some of its drawbacks.
i see no difference between lgv30 regular version compared to signature series in terms of audio components and its so expensive

May 4, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #7 of 21
i see no difference between lgv30 regular version compared to signature series in terms of audio components and its so expensive

Right. It's got more storage, more RAM, is a limited release, might only be commercially available in Korea, and is much more expensive. There are no other differences between the two. It's an option if price is no issue, however.

May 4, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #8 of 21
Right. It's got more storage, more RAM, is a limited release, might only be commercially available in Korea, and is much more expensive. There are no other differences between the two. It's an option if price is no issue, however.
the question is does it process the audio through the sabre dac when using tidal

Jul 18, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #14 of 21
Since when? Plus, no offline storage for Tidal.

The only additions that I'm aware of are the following:

Essential Phone (No headphone jack)
LG G7 (Maybe)
LG V35 (Maybe)

I'm pretty confident with the two LG phones. I'm not aware of a new player that can do both MQA and offline.

Jul 18, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #15 of 21
since why not?

the thread title states "streaming" and not offline storage, as far as i can see.

KANN got a great dac and an amp and honestly i don't think i can hear any difference between kann playing straight out 16/44 vs. the MQA stuff that i was getting with my ONKYO.

so in my opinion, the KANN is as good of a streamer for tidal as anything else out there.

Since when? Plus, no offline storage for Tidal.

The only additions that I'm aware of are the following:

Essential Phone (No headphone jack)
LG G7 (Maybe)
LG V35 (Maybe)

I'm pretty confident with the two LG phones. I'm not aware of a new player that can do both MQA and offline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back