Best DAP? Astell&Kern Kann Alpha or Fiio M15
Jan 18, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #31 of 38
I’ll probably try it again later once people review that the UI is better, definitely if you pay by the year it’s like 40% less then Tidal in the US.
I do hope to try it before my better half finds out about my recent purchase ... In plural hehe. Cables, dap and the fh7. Yours ok with things? I wonder sometimes since there are guys buying audiogear for alot more them we have.

Jan 18, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #32 of 38
I do hope to try it before my better half finds out about my recent purchase ... In plural hehe. Cables, dap and the fh7. Yours ok with things? I wonder sometimes since there are guys buying audiogear for alot more them we have.
My wife and daughter have horses so it evens out, everything they need is expensive.

Jan 18, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #33 of 38
My wife and daughter have horses so it evens out, everything they need is expensive.
My girl has 60 horses, she is a breeder lol

Jan 22, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #34 of 38
Well got mine today 😊 sounds thin as hell compared to the micro idsd black! But now I'm just letting it burn in a bit so not worried about it.
Might try a different player with a proper system wide eq. Would love suggestions fellow musiclovers.
20210122_204608.jpg
Really enjoy that silver poison. The R6 is driving my DT 1990 PRO wery well! And we all know that it is not balanced. So, happy with the power will report back when i feel it's settled a bit.

Feb 8, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #35 of 38
I got my Alpha today and I'm not sure what verdict to give it. The UI is a lot clunkier than it was on my Sony Walkman and I had to convert all my .wav files to .flac because of issues with metadata, but aside from that I'm pretty damned happy with this. I don't know if the UI is smoother or not on the Fiio, but I like that this one is also focused entirely on music so I don't have to worry too much about stuff like the google play store, although at the moment I'm scratching my head wondering how to use apk files with this. I tried to do as I've seen in video tutorials but when I check my Alpha I don't see the apk files. Weird.

But overall, I'm very happy with this purchase and I love the simplicity of this device.

I'm... not sure this thread has much of a purpose anymore, now when I've made my purchasing decision? I guess mods can do as they like with this.

Feb 8, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #36 of 38
I got my Alpha today and I'm not sure what verdict to give it. The UI is a lot clunkier than it was on my Sony Walkman and I had to convert all my .wav files to .flac because of issues with metadata, but aside from that I'm pretty damned happy with this. I don't know if the UI is smoother or not on the Fiio, but I like that this one is also focused entirely on music so I don't have to worry too much about stuff like the google play store, although at the moment I'm scratching my head wondering how to use apk files with this. I tried to do as I've seen in video tutorials but when I check my Alpha I don't see the apk files. Weird.

But overall, I'm very happy with this purchase and I love the simplicity of this device.

I'm... not sure this thread has much of a purpose anymore, now when I've made my purchasing decision? I guess mods can do as they like with this.
Congrats!!
The music is the point.

Feb 12, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #37 of 38

Sounds like your trying to install xapk's, you'll need to download and install xapk installer to your Aplha from APK pure(from any of the APK sites will do) let me know how you get on

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #38 of 38
Sounds like your trying to install xapk's, you'll need to download and install xapk installer to your Aplha from APK pure(from any of the APK sites will do) let me know how you get on
I was able to figure that out on my own and after a few more days of use with the Kann Alpha I can say that I'm extremely satisfied. Not a single complaint I can make on this thing, except maybe that sometimes when I try to play songs the playback suddenly stops. But it's a rare and minor issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back