Best DAC under $2000
Feb 3, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #16 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhjazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rajani - have you heard any of these DACs? I would highly recommend finding someplace in Finland where you can listen to them before spending your money. It will alleviate bad feelings if you don't like it!

At first I can change other tubes and if I still don't like, I can try to sell it inside Finland. I think these are very rare in here.
I have only heard the RME ADI 2, which is little bit same kind of the Benchmark DAC1.

My old Consonance CD120 Linear (cd w/16 bit dac) did sound very analog and I did like it.

Should I choose the Paradisea or the Monarchy?

Feb 3, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #17 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No doubt that would be it (depending upon one's preferences in SQ). You might be able to find a "demo" unit at Monarchy for around $800+, or perhaps they'd "cut you a deal," since the shipping and taxes are so great. But... even at that... it's still among the best at any price.

Monarchy Audio

One on my preferences is how the Manley Stingray (newer version with ul) sings ;D

Feb 3, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #18 of 66
might as well throw in SD Transporter.

Feb 3, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #19 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by OptionTrader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there anyplace decent in the US that has these? The dealer site specified on the Electrocompaniet website is not up.

If you don't mind getting one used, they show up every now and then on Audiogon.

Feb 3, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #20 of 66
Any other good tube-dacs?

Feb 4, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #22 of 66
Used Lavry will cost more here then new one in your country.

I have decided to order the Monarchy M24.

Feb 4, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #23 of 66
I got PM from this Ori guy. Is his dac good?

Feb 4, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #25 of 66
Feb 5, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #27 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by rajani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got PM from this Ori guy. Is his dac good?

He mods Zhaou DACS.. So they are comparable to DACs in the 1,000 or above range..

Feb 5, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #28 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by rajani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any other good tube-dacs?

Musical Fidelity X-DAC v8. You can switch the tube buffer off. According to Stereophile review it measures much better without the tube buffer, but at least you have the choice.

Feb 5, 2008 at 7:42 AM Post #30 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by MGLDyson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn, CanMad, I was gonna' suggest a look at the same DAC, having read the said review today.

Not worth the price.. I had the XDAC3/Tube buffer/External PS, which is basically the V8 all rolled in one, except it supports USB & you can turn on/off Solid state.. The MF 324 is still superior & can be had used for 600.00.. My Benchmark was a upgrade over the above mentioned, & cost 600 less.. For under 1,000 The V8 would be a good purchase though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back