Best DAC+AMP for K701 and other
Jul 26, 2013 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

FULLAUDIO

New Head-Fier
Hello I own asus xonar essence and want to move to something better.
My budget is 500 $ and i want to know if it is possible to find sommething that would be noticeable better than essence.

I need DAC+AMP or if asus xonar is a good dac (dont know that) it can be just amp which i would use with essence.... but i think in this price its possible to find both, better dac and amp.

I would be using it primarily with  AKG K 701 and also with 600 ohm K 240 sextett (i know i need a really powerfull amp to drive these but i dont have that much money) 
so primarly for K 701 but i will be using it with diffrent headphones too.

I was thinking about nuforce Icon HD/HDP, do you think its a good choice? It will be only home use rig.....

So please.... if you know anything better, i would be very happy for any suggestions.

(sorry for my english)

Jul 28, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #4 of 6
i was looking on O2+ODAC too but came across little dot DAC 1 + little dot MK2 which one would be better? I have downed my budged to 350 $ because i also want buy a senn HD 600....

Jul 28, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #5 of 6
I have the Little Dot I+. Great little amp. As to whether or not you would like a solid state amp over a tube amp, that's a personal preference thing. Based on what I have read about the Magni/Modi, I would choose them over the ODAC/O2 unless you want the smaller size and/or portability of the ODAC/O2.

As far as DACs, the Little Dot DAC is a model that's several years old. My feeling is that DAC technology improves very fast. It may be that the ODAC or the Modi would be comparable. With your budget, I would go with the Modi and then figure out what headphone amp you want to pair with it. For example, you could step up to the Little Dot Mark III. Or save your money and get the Magni.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back