Best Custom IEM for 1200-1500$
Aug 10, 2016 at 6:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

parabellum777

100+ Head-Fier
HI,

As the tittle says, I'm looking for a custom IEM to use with my recently purchased AK100 II. My budged is about 1200-1500$, and I mainly listen to metal music (Heavy, Trash, Gothic,...).

What would you recommend me?

Thank you!!!!

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #2 of 13
Could anyone help me, please?

Aug 11, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #3 of 13
Why customs? I had 12 customs and I wouldnt say customs will sound better than universals.

Aug 11, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #6 of 13
Why customs? I had 12 customs and I wouldnt say customs will sound better than universals.

It is not about sound, it is more about comfort. The tips inside my ears become annoying for me after a while. On the other hand, universal Roxanne or Angie are so big that most of their body stays outside the ear, and I do not want that to happen. I would like to be able to sleep with them.

Aug 11, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #7 of 13
Aug 11, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #8 of 13
I think I am going to try both the Angie and the Roxanne universal versions and then decide which custom version to buy.

Aug 11, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #9 of 13
Where are you located at? If you don't mind going international, Rhapsodio Solar is one other option that has been gaining some great recognition. 

Also if you are in the US, you can try and attend the RMAF CanJam scheduled on Oct 6-8 and try out some of the IEMs in the show. You will get an idea on how big an IEM is actually and you could either place your order right there or wait another 5 weeks and take advantage of the black friday sales that many manufacturers offer.

Aug 11, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #10 of 13
You might have a look at Empire Ears also between the K10 and Zeus it would be Zeus all day long but much more expensive . Both are out of your price range but I just liked the EE's better as for all the models I listened to. I didn't listen to metal with either so not much help there.

Aug 13, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #11 of 13
You might have a look at Empire Ears also between the K10 and Zeus it would be Zeus all day long but much more expensive . Both are out of your price range but I just liked the EE's better as for all the models I listened to. I didn't listen to metal with either so not much help there.

Thanks for your advice. I will probably try to find any second hand universal IEM before deciding which CIEM should I buy. I'll check the brand you have mentioned.

Aug 13, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #12 of 13
I think for metal etc. is important natural type of sound, accurate, great mids and quality deeper bass and highs.. something like planars Audeze etc..overall sound slightly towards to south of neutral presentation. 
So from impresionss read here look at Solar, Noble K10, AAW W500 or more neutral Harmony 8.2. Some will be more neutral some more warmer depends also on your dap or mobile (or even cable) how it will be synchronised.
I want something very universal across genres so I want signature which will be very little south of neutral so it looks H8.2 or ES60 would be for me best, also would like to try K10 because of huge popularity here.

Sure there is much more brands, models etc. hard to decide a lot of options and maybe better which we do not even know.. 
I wish I could test most iem ciem on one table a few days and then would be easy to decide.. 

Aug 19, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #13 of 13
  Where are you located at? If you don't mind going international, Rhapsodio Solar is one other option that has been gaining some great recognition. 

Also if you are in the US, you can try and attend the RMAF CanJam scheduled on Oct 6-8 and try out some of the IEMs in the show. You will get an idea on how big an IEM is actually and you could either place your order right there or wait another 5 weeks and take advantage of the black friday sales that many manufacturers offer.

I think for metal etc. is important natural type of sound, accurate, great mids and quality deeper bass and highs.. something like planars Audeze etc..overall sound slightly towards to south of neutral presentation. 
So from impresionss read here look at Solar, Noble K10/Dulce Bass, AAW W500 or more neutral Harmony 8.2. Some will be more neutral some more warmer depends also on your dap or mobile (or even cable) how it will be synchronised.
I want something very universal across genres so I want signature which will be very little south of neutral so it looks H8.2 or ES60 would be for me best, also would like to try K10 because of huge popularity here.

Sure there is much more brands, models etc. hard to decide a lot of options and maybe better which we do not even know.. 
I wish I could test most iem ciem on one table a few days and then would be easy to decide.. 

Thank you for your comments.

After reading many reviews, posts, comments and technical information, I have decided to try both the JH Audio Angie and the Rhapsodio Solar. I will try the universal versions before I decide which one I will order the CIEM version.

I also have bought an Astell&Kern AK320 as the source. I will compare it with the AK100 II, the Ibasso DX80 and the Fiio X3 1st gen which I already have and then I will decide which will be my ultimate portable music system.

My only problem is that I don't find a second hand universal Rhapsodio Solar at a good price to try. I will have to wait...and pray. Maybe the are so good that the owners don't want to sell them, or maybe this brand is not as known as other ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back