Best closed headphones under $50
May 21, 2005 at 10:24 PM Post #16 of 21
I'm gonna have to go with the HD201s, just for the simple reason that I just dropped $120 on a Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 setup and I don't wanna be using the headphones all the time...
wink.gif

May 21, 2005 at 10:44 PM Post #18 of 21
Lots of people like them, good luck with it
wink.gif

May 25, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #19 of 21
ok, I just recently received and I have one big issue with it:

the cord is godly long..
rolleyes.gif

but yeah, the headphones give a great initial impression, but I just have one 'serious' issue with it. At first, when I plugged it into my comp and turned on foobar, it put out (for lack of a better term) the most pathetic bass i've ever heard. Now, currently I have the Chaintech AV710 soundcard, and those Klipsch ProMedia 2.1s
biggrin.gif
, so I may be a little spoiled, but the bass on the hd201s was just plain pathetic. But, when I adjust it to taste in the equalizer, it sounds fine... and then I unplug the headphones, and my ProMedias were violently shaking my desk
eek.gif
... So that's my issue. So that's my issue, the "bass level" doesn't exactly match up with my Klipschs. Any clue why?

Oh, and they sound great on my mp3 player (MSI Megastick).

May 25, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by seiferoth10
any clue why?

Now this is just a guess but, it could be that the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1s have a dedicated 6.5 inch sub-woofer, are above $100, and that the Senns are $20 headphones with a tiny little driver.

tongue.gif

May 25, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by seiferoth10
but yeah, the headphones give a great initial impression, but I just have one 'serious' issue with it. At first, when I plugged it into my comp and turned on foobar, it put out (for lack of a better term) the most pathetic bass i've ever heard. Now, currently I have the Chaintech AV710 soundcard, and those Klipsch ProMedia 2.1s
biggrin.gif
, so I may be a little spoiled, but the bass on the hd201s was just plain pathetic. But, when I adjust it to taste in the equalizer, it sounds fine... and then I unplug the headphones, and my ProMedias were violently shaking my desk
eek.gif
... So that's my issue. So that's my issue, the "bass level" doesn't exactly match up with my Klipschs. Any clue why?

BASSHEAD!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back