Best Closed Backs at various price levels
Jul 30, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #16 of 18
If you really want to get out the door for cheap, grab the Meze 99 Noir. I don't think a better, smallish sized closed back exists in or around that price range.

Jul 30, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #17 of 18
I've been really impressed with the Monoprice M565C. Better than the M1060C, which I found shouty and off. Great bass, realistic mids and highs. Can't find fault in them really except for soundstage maybe.

Highest rated audiophile headphone on Wirecutter, have super long warranty, are very comfortable, and are under $300. I didn't hear anything better at CamJam this year, but I didn't audition anything long and missed the Aeon Flow Closed.

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #18 of 18
My first recommendation would be the B&W P9 Signature, don't know how it compares to the Stellias, but i'd give it 5 stars for portability and not just sound quality.
I used to own a T5P and that would be my second recommendation. T5P is less portable than the P9 Signature but very comfortable to wear.
Both headphones have different sound signatures, i'd rate the P9 Signature above the T5P in overall sound quality, but the T5P is a more neutral/analytical headphone. It does have deep bass but can't hit as hard as the P9 Signature. P9 Signature has crisp clear high frequencies whereas I found the T5P to be sibilant.

The B&W P9s are actually #1 on my list, but I really don't want 2 sets of brown headphones. LOL. I have the B&W 805s at home and enjoy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back