Best Closed Back Over-Ear Headphones under 500 USD?
Nov 22, 2017 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Tech22

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone! This is my first post here. I am quite new to the high end audio scene and I plan to get a new pair of headphones. Due to my current situation, closed back is necessary for me. My budget is 500 USD. I have been looking around online and made a list of what I think would be the best for what I like to listen to (EDM, dubstep, electro, etc., I also would use these for gaming). A removable cord would be nice, but not necessary. Thank you!

List:
- Shure SRH1540
- Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro 250 Ohm
- Final Sonorous IV
- V-MODA Crossfade M-100
- Sennheiser HD 630VB

Nov 22, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 9
Are these for home or on the go? Open backed headphones are generally better for music and gaming because they tend to have better Soundstage and are more natural sounding.

Nov 22, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #4 of 9
Ignore me, I didn't see the closed back part of your post!

Nov 22, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #5 of 9
Nov 22, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #7 of 9
If you can find a used pair of Mr Speakers Alpha Dogs that would be my choice . Haven’t heard any of the others you listed but do have the Meze 99’s and I’m still kicking myself for getting rid of the Alpha Dogs.

Nov 23, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #8 of 9
If you can find a used pair of Mr Speakers Alpha Dogs that would be my choice . Haven’t heard any of the others you listed but do have the Meze 99’s and I’m still kicking myself for getting rid of the Alpha Dogs.
I would prefer to buy new, also I couldn't find them within a reasonable price either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back