Best classical recordings...ever!
Sep 29, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #6,256 of 9,368

I treasure my complete collection of Mozart's Piano Concertos by Andras Schiff with the Camerata Academica des Mozarteums Salzburg directed bt Sabdor Vegh.. It has given me many hours of pleasure and delight. Have you tried them? 

All the best
Leo

Hey Leo,

How's your breathing? Hope it's better.

I don't have Schiff's concertos, I have his solo sonatas. Excellent. Along with Uchida and especially Walter Klien, an Austrian-born pianist, for Mozzie's sonatas.

I do have Geza Anda's complete set with the Camerata Acad Salzburg. The thing is this: That orchestra was a student orchestra when Anda did his cycle. Some find this objectionable, "short-changing" the quality of his performances in that set. For me, I didn't hear any musical deficiencies in that set that might be pinned on a student orchestra.

But I really wished the Vienna Phil had done them with Anda.

cheers

Sep 30, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #6,258 of 9,368
^ Smooth as silk. Even her high-trills aren't harsh like other mezzos, i.e. Netrebko.
beerchug.gif

Sep 30, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #6,259 of 9,368
  ^ Smooth as silk. Even her high-trills aren't harsh like other mezzos, i.e. Netrebko.
beerchug.gif

I agree, I could listen to her all day everyday- once she does not keep nagging me to put my stuff away in the dishwasher and to remove my headphones!
darthsmile.gif

Sep 30, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #6,261 of 9,368
^ I just close my eyes and try to concentrate on her sublime voice.
rolleyes.gif

She sings sacred arias better than opera pieces, imo. Angelic.

Ordered this yesterday:

71f35K1764L._SL1425_.jpg

Sep 30, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #6,269 of 9,368
Sep 30, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #6,270 of 9,368
I am 23 so I guess young (even though I already seem to have back pains for some reason) but I feel so much satisfaction having the music saved on my hard drive and organising the library just as i want it. I do like CDs but I prefer it in digital format for ease of access.

If you don't mind the sound quality.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back