Best Chinese headphones for watching movies
Sep 4, 2019 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

zcraber

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for the best Chinese headphones (over ear & closed) for watching movies under $50.
Can someone recommend good choices?

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #2 of 9
Do you prefer open or closed? Open will generally leak sound a fair bit, but will also, all other things being equal (which may not be the case), have superior soundstage and a better overall sound experience at a lower price comparatively.

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #3 of 9
Takstar brand.

Sep 4, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #4 of 9
Do you prefer open or closed? Open will generally leak sound a fair bit, but will also, all other things being equal (which may not be the case), have superior soundstage and a better overall sound experience at a lower price comparatively.
I prefer closed. Would appreciate if you share the choices for open as well.

Sep 4, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #6 of 9
Not sure about pricing in your market, but, like @PurpleAngel, I was also thinking Takstar. You might look into the Pro 82 and see where prices are for you. It is quite good for the money (and closed). The Superlux HD681 Evo is semi-open and really doesn't leak very much. I think it might also be a pretty good option in this price range. The Takstar HI2050 is also a good value and is also semi-open technically, but I think (IMO anyway) it leaks a bit more than the Superlux.

Sep 4, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #7 of 9
Not sure about pricing in your market, but, like @PurpleAngel, I was also thinking Takstar. You might look into the Pro 82 and see where prices are for you. It is quite good for the money (and closed). The Superlux HD681 Evo is semi-open and really doesn't leak very much. I think it might also be a pretty good option in this price range. The Takstar HI2050 is also a good value and is also semi-open technically, but I think (IMO anyway) it leaks a bit more than the Superlux.
Thank you so much. I'm planning to buy it from AliExpress. Any opinion on Edifier models and BOSSHIFI B8?

Sep 4, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #8 of 9
Haven't heard the B8 myself, though I hear it is short on lows and big on highs--FWIW. Still, surprising to apparently have real walnut at the price. Also have not yet heard the H850, though I do like some of Edifier;s other offerings.

Sep 5, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #9 of 9
Any specific models?
The only Takstar model, I've tried, that is sold on AliExpress is the Takstar HD6000, which are good, for their price.
Kind of like the Audio Technica ATH-M50X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back