Best Cds (or MP3) to listen with HD650
Dec 19, 2005 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

mpopa

New Head-Fier
There is a lot of very poorly edited music out there, both in MP3 format and on the genuine releases from artists, on CD.

Could you please describe some of your audio experiences with Sennheiser HD6xx, i.e. what music, CD, artist,... you enjoy most?
orphsmile.gif

Please list as many as you can.

Cheers!

Dec 19, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 38
ha, yes....Try Wing on Wing by Esa Pekka Salonen, sounds great on the good ol HD650. Also, Dvorak's 9th by the Vienna Phil led by Karajan sounds clean and is well recorded (although i'm not happy with the interpretation).

Dec 19, 2005 at 6:10 PM Post #5 of 38
I don't exactly agree with keeping the rock albums away. Though the general consensus is that Sennheiser's were made for Classical music (and probably they were), some people do in fact like that Sennheiser sound with their favourite rock albums. Either it's that or the price tag for these headphones that forces them to enjoy it...
580smile.gif

Dec 19, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #7 of 38
Anything Dave Matthews (Band). All of them are well-recorded...even the live concerts.

Dec 19, 2005 at 6:23 PM Post #8 of 38
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
Eels - Shootenanny
There is a lot of music i like with the Senns, but these are the two I definitely like a lot more with the Senns than with the Grados.

Dec 19, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #9 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
Anything Dave Matthews (Band). All of them are well-recorded...even the live concerts.

Seconded...without a doubt, the Dave Matthews Band. They are recorded so well. I use their CD's as a reference to test new, well, anything!!
tongue.gif

Dec 19, 2005 at 7:43 PM Post #10 of 38
DMB for sure. If ever there were albums that sound like they were mixed to Senn 650's this is them. Any negatives that the Senn 650 has in other recordings are just not present in DMB albums.

Dec 19, 2005 at 8:22 PM Post #11 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by mpopa
There is a lot of very poorly edited music out there, both in MP3 format and on the genuine releases from artists, on CD.

Could you please describe some of your audio experiences with Sennheiser HD650, i.e. what music, CD, artist,... you enjoy most?
orphsmile.gif

Cheers!

Esbjorn Svensson Trio - A Strange place For Snow, Viaticum, Good Morning Susie Soho

Thord Gustavsen Trio - The Ground

Erik Truffaz - Mantis

UNDESCRIBABLE !

Dec 19, 2005 at 8:58 PM Post #12 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solude
DMB for sure. If ever there were albums that sound like they were mixed to Senn 650's this is them. Any negatives that the Senn 650 has in other recordings are just not present in DMB albums.

Oh, and one more thing....they record in the studio with Sensas too
etysmile.gif

Dec 19, 2005 at 10:05 PM Post #14 of 38
Both of Corrinne May's albums are good. These were heavily listened to when I was writing my HD650 review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back