best cans to pair up with Pico for trance? for vocals?
May 27, 2008 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

el_matt0

1000+ Head-Fier
hey guys Ive got a pico coming shortly and im looking for some suggestions on what you guys have found to sound impressive out of the pico. firstly im looking for a good choice of cans to use for trance/hip hop, that more "bassy" kind of music. what I'm using for that now is just my hd-25-2 with blue dragon on them, it sounds pretty darned good but i could potentially go for something a little less "portable", more of a full sized can ideally, but one thats low end can be adequately handled by the pico. just to confirm (although im almost positive im correct) K340's are going to be totally off the radar for me out of the pico right, it wont do them justice? (id be much better off using those balanced out of my b22 id assume)

im also looking for a can to pair up wiht the pico that handles vocals and more acoustic mellow style music better. soft rock even. something grado-ish im thinking? anyone have any suggestions here?

in both cases im not too picky in terms of price range, you can see the cans ive had in past in my sig, feel free to suggest any of those if uve had positive experience with them and the pico, since i havent had a chance to try any of those with the pico in specific. hope you guys can give me a little advice on where to get started as a good match for the pico! cheers

May 27, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by el_matt0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys Ive got a pico coming shortly and im looking for some suggestions on what you guys have found to sound impressive out of the pico. firstly im looking for a good choice of cans to use for trance/hip hop, that more "bassy" kind of music. what I'm using for that now is just my hd-25-2 with blue dragon on them, it sounds pretty darned good but i could potentially go for something a little less "portable", more of a full sized can ideally, but one thats low end can be adequately handled by the pico. just to confirm (although im almost positive im correct) K340's are going to be totally off the radar for me out of the pico right, it wont do them justice? (id be much better off using those balanced out of my b22 id assume)

im also looking for a can to pair up wiht the pico that handles vocals and more acoustic mellow style music better. soft rock even. something grado-ish im thinking? anyone have any suggestions here?

in both cases im not too picky in terms of price range, you can see the cans ive had in past in my sig, feel free to suggest any of those if uve had positive experience with them and the pico, since i havent had a chance to try any of those with the pico in specific. hope you guys can give me a little advice on where to get started as a good match for the pico! cheers

I have also pico on order, I've heard that the grado's are a good match. I have the Sr225's. Just love them even without an amp, but can't wait to hear them with the Pico. Also have been checking out the Denon's D2000 & D5000. I've heard with any portable it is best to use cans that are easily driven. Hope I helped.

May 27, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #3 of 6
yea, thats very true. i suspect the pico will handle something like the sr225 very very well, so that should hopefully cover my bases in that department. for something bassy for my trance and hip hop is moreso where im stuck on the fence. the hd-25 is VERY good, and also easy to drive well, im just preferably looking for a more full-sized can for use with my pico

May 27, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #4 of 6
...although yes id have to agree i think the pico would struggle to handle the hungry k340s...

May 27, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have Pico on order too, I'll be using it with my GS1000.

GS1000's Lucky you, are they worth the $$$$ ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back