Best Cans for Vocal Reproduction for $400 or under?
Sep 2, 2020 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

NamelyUser

New Head-Fier
The title says it all. I'm looking for a pair of headphones for around $400 that can produce the best vocals. I find with the ones I have tried so far the vocals just do not seem lifelike or real enough to me. More like they are hiding behind some kind of veil. I listen to a wide range of genres. But the majority of it is female artists and singers. So I'm leaning towards that more than male vocals. I can run them through my Schuit Stack V2 Uber also so that is not an issue.

Sep 3, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #4 of 8
I think we all know the Sennheisers. Is there some other brands or cans that fit the criteria worth looking into that people are less likely to know? Hidden gems maybe. I'm not afraid of using a lesser known brand. It's all about how it sounds.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #5 of 8
I think we all know the Sennheisers. Is there some other brands or cans that fit the criteria worth looking into that people are less likely to know? Hidden gems maybe. I'm not afraid of using a lesser known brand. It's all about how it sounds.
Audeze maybe

Sep 3, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #6 of 8
No, not the Audeze I have heard. They're great cans but they're not about accuracy. They're about warmth and impact.

The HD 600 is the best set of headphones for vocals that I know of. I guess some other expensive dynamics could be better but I have not heard them.

Is the HD 600 still worth checking out? Yes, it's one of the best all-around headphones of all time regardless of price. But you need a good amp or you will have no idea what it is capable of and you will probably not enjoy it very much.

Sep 3, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #8 of 8
Yeah I've heard that one about 500 times haha. I've owned the HD518 AND HD558 in the past and I was not really fond of them. Are the 600's or 650's still worth checking out?

I think the 600 series is still worth checking out, the 500 series doesn't exactly share the same general sound signature as the 600 series (other than 58x) so it's possible to like one and not the other.

But if you really want to avoid Sennheiser, Audio-Technica's open headphones in this range are generally very focused in on vocals as well, so the R70x or AD1000X are also good choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back