Best cans for bass and dubstep U$300
Aug 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 21
I listen to electronic/dubstep with my DT770 Pro 80's and love every second.  Bass impact/quality is definitely improved with an amp but definitely isn't necessary to enjoy them.

Aug 23, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #5 of 21
Since you said quality, forget the XB500. Ultrasone Pro900 can be found used here or on Amazon for less than $300 and absolutely have great bass. Some experience highs that are screechy but I think these are outstanding phones. I got them for $252 from Amazon, a steal.

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #7 of 21
I wanted the Ultrasone Pro 900 but they're 500 dollars on Amazon right now.

There are a number of used ones on our for sale board right now, all under $300. Used is the way to go.

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:
Yo guys, I'm looking for the best headphones for dubstep and other electronic music with lots of bass and quality. My budget is 300 USD, any ideas?

You don't need to spend money to get good results, Is all I'm trying to say.

Spend if you want to, But you won't be buying anything like the xb500's...

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:
You don't need to spend money to get good results, Is all I'm trying to say.

Spend if you want to, But you won't be buying anything like the xb500's...

The OP wants quality so the Fanboy stuff isn't helping him much. xb500s are a one trick pony that do not provide quality sound just lots of bass IMHO.

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:
I wanted the Ultrasone Pro 900 but they're 500 dollars on Amazon right now.

Quote:
There are a number of used ones on our for sale board right now, all under $300. Used is the way to go.

I agree, I'm actually selling a head phone to a new User my self! Trust us. We all are more than happy to help you with your first purchase here and in addition to the MONEY saved. You'll make a friend to! 

Aug 23, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:
For $300, you can't go wrong with Mr. Speakers Mad Dog. Check out the appreciation thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/666284/mrspeakers-mad-dog-impressions-and-discussion-thread

Not really considered a basshead can.

Aug 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:
For $300, you can't go wrong with Mr. Speakers Mad Dog. Check out the appreciation thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/666284/mrspeakers-mad-dog-impressions-and-discussion-thread

Quote:
Not really considered a basshead can.

Also It needs a GOOD amp and source to really sound it's best. I tired it. It had great sound and bass, but even out of my High Volt Tubes, it sounded lacking. I'd avoid it unless your already have a nice set of amps to try it with. As it can sound good out of anything, but to sound GREAT an amazing it needs to be paired correctly. And turst me there are PLENTY of good $100 cans out there! 

Aug 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #14 of 21
If this is your first headphone purchase, I suggest you go "cheaper" first. :wink:

You can look into:

Monster N-Pulse (NOT N-Tune!)
Spider Power Force
V-Moda LP
M-Audio Q40 (probably the best on this list and modded for comfort they are even better.)

as first time purchases.

If you want to go straight to more expensive and more detailed ones:

V-moda M100
Yamaha Pro 500
Denon D600
Ultrasone line
Denon D2000

If you want to go straight to the kick-ass best:

Ultrasone Signature DJ
Denon D5000 (modded or unmodded)
Perfect Sound Dido D901
Denon D7000 (modded or unmodded)
Fostex TH600/900
Ultrasone Edition 8

There are a HOST of others so you definitely have options.
As others have mentioned, you can buy "used" headphones from other head-fi'ers and not only help them/us get rid of inventory, but you save some pennies and the Gear is usually mostly well taken care of!

Good luck!

Aug 23, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:
If this is your first headphone purchase, I suggest you go "cheaper" first. :wink:

You can look into:

Monster N-Pulse (NOT N-Tune!)
Spider Power Force
V-Moda LP
M-Audio Q40 (probably the best on this list and modded for comfort they are even better.)

as first time purchases.

If you want to go straight to more expensive and more detailed ones:

V-moda M100
Yamaha Pro 500
Denon D600
Ultrasone line
Denon D2000

If you want to go straight to the kick-ass best:

Ultrasone Signature DJ
Denon D5000 (modded or unmodded)
Perfect Sound Dido D901
Denon D7000 (modded or unmodded)
Fostex TH600/900
Ultrasone Edition 8

There are a HOST of others so you definitely have options.
As others have mentioned, you can buy "used" headphones from other head-fi'ers and not only help them/us get rid of inventory, but you save some pennies and the Gear is usually mostly well taken care of!

Good luck!

Best advice yet.   That's my buddy at his best.................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back