Best canalphones/IEMs for around $100 for techno/gaming?
Nov 29, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #17 of 21
So I could just order and use silicon tips for the Denons then?

Those custom ones seem pretty cool, thanks for the link.

Between the C551 and C751, I read a review saying the C751s are pretty heavy and not suggested for the gym, how much lighter are the C551s for using them at the gym and whatnot with my iPod?

Being able to use them at home for gaming/music, then at the gym would be nice too, and they seem like a great deal for $56.

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #18 of 21
Also considering the NuForce NE-7Ms, was thinking of getting those for my iPhone, and then one of either C551s/C751s/CX95s for my PC, any other recommendations?

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #19 of 21
Anyway, yeah, the C751's are a great all-rounder but excel for trance tbh. Brilliant for it.

For imagery, I'd get the Etymotic ER6i's for gaming but I would rather get full-size cans for gaming such as the Audio Technica AD700's

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #20 of 21
I've got the HD555s atm, but they mess my hair up lol, so I'd prefer canalphones.

How would the C751s fare for gaming? Are the C551s a better buy at half the price? They are the same price right now as the ER6is on Amazon. Just wondering if the C751s are twice as good, cause that's basically what I'd be paying.

Based on reviews I've read, I don't think I'd use the C751s for my iPhone, as they're supposed to be pretty heavy and not so great for the gym because of that, and the in-line control on the NE-7M really has me leaning towards those, so I'm just trying to decide on a gaming IEM for my computer.

Dec 2, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #21 of 21
I've heard nothing but good things about the 751s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, yeah, the C751's are a great all-rounder but excel for trance tbh. Brilliant for it.

For imagery, I'd get the Etymotic ER6i's for gaming but I would rather get full-size cans for gaming such as the Audio Technica AD700's

I tend to agree with this, sadly audiophile full headphones though considered better for gaming are not too portable (specially the ATH A/AD 700s which are huge).

Ideal solution would be to have one set for gaming/home and one for portability.

however due to budget constraints I'm in the same boat as the OP.
debating between the on-ear ATH-ES7s (not as large as the A/AD700s, but still not entirely portable) and the IEM C751s

how better are full size cans vs. IEMs for use on the PC for gaming etc.?

EDIT_________________________

The NuForce are considered by many to be the most bang for your buck though, reviewed better than $150 earphones sometimes...

I'm leading towards the just released NuForce NE-8s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back