Best Buy says that Shuffles "discontinued"
Mar 5, 2006 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

thekiwis

New Head-Fier
I was finally going to go get a Shuffle today (I resigned to a 512mb after not finding a 1gb and unsuccessfully bidding on some). However, upon getting to the store, the clerk informed me that Shuffles were discontinued. I questioned further.

"So, not even the 512mb is here?" Indeed, upon this, the guy pointed to the empty Shuffle rack.

"Management pulled the couple we had left. Something else coming I guess."

Anyone else think this lends towards a new Shuffle or maybe even an iPod Pequeno April 1st?

Mar 5, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 12
I wasn't purposely shopping there. My Dad is afraid of the Net, so he wouldn't buy a new comp monitor anywhere but a store, so I was forced there.

If I buy anything there, I only buy products under $100, like the Shuffle would've been.

Mar 6, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #6 of 12
FWIW I found that my local Walmart had plenty of 512mb Shuffles. My local Target was still selling them at $99
rolleyes.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #7 of 12
the guy at BB is an idiot. Check apple.com. The 512MB and 1GB shuffles are still available, for $69 and $99 respectively. Target here in Columbus has the 512GB's dropped to $69....

Mar 6, 2006 at 2:41 AM Post #9 of 12
Once when I was 9, I called Fry's Electronics to see if they had a copy of The Sims for PC. He said they weren't doing business with EA any more.

frown.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 3:33 AM Post #10 of 12
Not to be a smartass, but some of you guys realize apple isn't going to recall all their shuffles and just toss them out, of course they're still for sale, wherever there's stock they're going to try and get rid of it.
wink.gif

For what it's worth, bestbuy.ca doesn't have any 512mb "english" ones left at the moment, and no 1gb even in the list.
It's pretty obvious they're out of production(right?), with the limited availability price drop and refubs they're just clearing out inventory.

I'll be interested to see the replacement, I bet they do something revolutionary and add a screen. That Apple, so innovative.

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:35 AM Post #11 of 12
lol I love the Shuffle the way it is right now; don't see how they can improve on it. If they add a screen, it'd be like another other MP3 player, but, of course, it's Apple, so people will buy it even if it was invisible
rolleyes.gif

For me, sound quality is #1, and that's when the Shuffle comes into play
tongue.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 10:05 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by thekiwis
Anyone else think this lends towards a new Shuffle or maybe even an iPod Pequeno April 1st?

April 1st? What, like April Fool's Day? Figures, I guess...

Am I being unusually perceptive here? Surely the presence of the ipod nano 1GB (a flash player with screen, navigation and a UI) precludes a marketplace for the shuffle, (flash player with no screen, very little navigation and a UI that isn't worthy of the name)?

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back