Best buy earphones, under 20$
Oct 27, 2011 at 9:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Expansion

Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm looking for a pair of earphones, for music listening, under 20$. 
I don't want them to go inside the earcanal.
They will be used with various devices(MP3 player, laptop, etc), but hopefully I will build a headphone amplifier, to minimize the impact of the device's output quality, and to make things more interesting.
I listen to all kinds of music, and I think that the soundstage is the most important aspect.
What would you recommend?

Thanks.

Oct 27, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #2 of 14
Any amplifier will be useless and unnecessary with any headphone/earphone under $20. Did you mean to say $200 or something?

Oct 27, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #8 of 14
if you have store credit, they sell amazon giftcards for face value; which may be a better alternative. the reason I say this is because most headphones fetch retail at BB

Oct 27, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #9 of 14
Koss KSC75

Oct 27, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #10 of 14
Oct 28, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #12 of 14
That's called an earbud. I don't know of any earbuds that are good though, sorry. I do own a pair of Sennheiser MX-75's, and while they are quite expensive, they're not close to any earphones/IEM's I've listened to. I would go for a pair of on ear cans, something like V-Moda's, as it seems you don't want IEM's. However, if you do get IEM's, I suggest you get the Beta Brainwaves. They're very good, and they do even better then my $100 Sony EX-90's.

Keep in mind, however, that I am comparing very few earphones/IEMs/earbuds here, and some of them are specialty, such as the MX-75's, which are designed for sport, so don't take all my advice and go with it. Research a little more.

Oct 28, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #13 of 14
Oct 28, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #14 of 14
the amazon link is the one you'll want (that is the new, revized unit). Isolation and feel of the beta 2 is similar to an earbud style IEM anyway(what you were looking for); and honestly, sounds almost too good for the price. It can compete with $100+ IEM's easily(personally, I liked the sound of them more than my Monster Turbines).

edit: here's the review of the Beta 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back