Best Budget (under $50) IEM's.. Advice?
Feb 24, 2011 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

xedjflowx

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys I'm new to this forum and in real need of new IEMS. I had just lost my Jlab J3's replacement pair (which both pairs combined lasted me a year and some through frequent use) and I'm looking to move on from them because they really were too "trebly" and weren't worth buying again even though the customer service was good. I was thinking about the J4's but I'd like to explore other companies because I wasn't that happy with J3's anyway.

The music I listen to:
-Electronic
-House
-Trance
-Hip-Hop
-"90's" Rock

I don't know which headphones I should buy but from looking at many reviews I've considered these 3.
I really only have 50 dollars to spend. I am a poor college student.

-NuForce NE-6 - $34
-Klipsch Image S3 - $30
-MeElectronics M31 - $44

I'm leaning towards the NuForce's from the reviews but recently someone told me to check when they were made which changed up the whole story because sounds 2 or 3 years ago aren't nearly as good as today's Therefore, I am looking for a pretty recent IEM thats quality for those genres and $50 and under. Any suggestions and can anyone truthfully compare the 3 I've considered already?

Thank you !!!

Feb 24, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #2 of 12
I would recommend Brainwavz M2, but you'll need to stetch your budget a bit (about $60 at mp4nation.net). Happy searching and listening =)

Feb 24, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
Bass is really clear and sweet but leaves me wanting more though.

Agreed. You can probably get UE220 for less than fifty (I bought them for $25AUD). I'm using them right not, and they sound great for those genres =)

Feb 24, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #6 of 12

Quote:
@RibeyeandScotch

where'd you get the brainwavz m2's for 40!?

They would be the ones I buy hands down if I had the money

I think you have to wait until mp4nation.net has a sale. Add them on facebook and follow them on twitter, and make sure you check the website regularly. =)

Feb 25, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #9 of 12
If you like bassy IEMs, I recently bought eternas and I'm liking them so far.  They're at $67ish though I think so they're a bit over

Turbines are pretty nice too and Amazon recently had them on their lightning deals.  You can probably ask around at the FS forums if someone bought them and didn't like them.

Feb 25, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #10 of 12
Klipsch S4s off ebay for $40 + comply tips off ebay.  Fun phones, the comply's will tame the top-end and help in the lows.  

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/541570/fs-klipsch-image-s4

Feb 26, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #11 of 12
Thanks guys but after some thinking... i like bassy iem's and i got the nuforce ne-6's for $34. Hopefully i made the right choice. t

he M2's were too much money.. $26 does make a difference in sound but also in my wallet as a poor college student. and the eterna's were something i would've loved to have for my birthday coming up in march but it was sold out at the US distributor and i can't wait forever for headphones.. I need my music one way or another !

Hopefully some time in the future I can upgrade to a pair of very nice jh14's or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back