best budget phones
Feb 8, 2007 at 9:34 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you do bring up a good point about earclips. are there any others like the philips 210 but maybe a little more expensive (not as expensive as the sr60's) and a lot better? if not i think i'll just get the ksc75's.

edit: what about the sennheiser px100's?

These use a very similar driver to the KSC75. You really can't go wrong with any of the Koss 60ohm headphones.

Feb 8, 2007 at 10:34 AM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

you do bring up a good point about earclips. are there any others like the philips 210 but maybe a little more expensive (not as expensive as the sr60's) and a lot better? if not i think i'll just get the ksc75's.

edit: what about the sennheiser px100's?

The PX100's get a lot of love here too, and are a good choice if you don't like the idea of clip-ons.

If you use the search facility you will find loads of threads about them. If you don't mind the idea of Canalphones you may enjoy the JVC Marshmallows. Loads of threads on them too.

Simon

Feb 8, 2007 at 11:16 AM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mektarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These use a very similar driver to the KSC75. You really can't go wrong with any of the Koss 60ohm headphones.

would the ksc35/75 driver fit into that housing? i really don't care for the ear clips.

Feb 8, 2007 at 11:17 AM Post #19 of 27
yep, can't go wrong with Koss KSC75's or JVC Marhmallows.

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mektarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

you say siliar to ksc75. how different are they? which one would be better for listening to rock music and underground rap (bass)?

Feb 8, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundscape /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would the ksc35/75 driver fit into that housing? i really don't care for the ear clips.

The BKH3 is the same as the Koss KSC55 which, I believe, uses the same driver as the KSC35.

Feb 8, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #22 of 27
what kind of price range are u looking for? for their price, the shure e3c's have pretty decent sound quality. i must say that i honestly found their design a little uncomfortable / impractical in terms of in-ear fit. however, if you are willing to spend slightly more than that, i would STRONGLY recommend picking up a pair of ultimate ears super-fi.5 pros. i grabbed myself a pair of these little beauties about 3 months ago and i've never been happier with a pair of portable in-ear headphones. the sound quality is amazing, they fit well, and seal out an impressive amount of ambience noise. i'd recommend buying from ebay or something similar, as it is very easy to find good deals from powersellers etc. best of luck!
orphsmile.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

you say siliar to ksc75. how different are they? which one would be better for listening to rock music and underground rap (bass)?

The KSC75 uses the Titanium version of the KSC35 driver, that is the only difference. However, the Ti gives the KSC75 more sparkle and a more untamed nature that most will find preferable for rock.

Feb 8, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #24 of 27
Ok, I just noticed that the KSC55/BKH3 do, in fact, use the titanium version of the Koss 60ohm driver. This means that they should sound very similar to the KSC75. All you need to worry about is the fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back