Best budget IEM
Aug 5, 2012 at 6:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

paradise

New Head-Fier
I'm fairly new to this forum but with so many new products out there I wanted to buy a pair of IEM's in the less than $100 category that are equally balanced through out the frequency spectrum. I'm using iTouch and classic as my Jazz listening source,
Thanks for your input.

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #2 of 25
ordered the soundmagic e10's because of their highly praised attributes. They were for $35 and many say they are worth much more than even competitors in the sub 150-200 range

e10 or e30's should fit your needs

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #3 of 25
Thanks, HighFiguy I appreciate the info.I'll certainly look into them. Before I received your input I was looking into the Shure SE-215 though they were a bit more than I wanted to spend unless I caught them on sale. $50 or less is my range for IEM's.

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #5 of 25
Thanks for the response mrdon. I saw the youtube video on se215 and I was impressed and the Amazon reviews were good also but I'll check the net and see if I can find them for <$99.

Aug 7, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #7 of 25
Thanks HighFiguy, I read the review it was very helpful. I think I will try the e10's out. I'm into portable and fullsize headphones so I just wanted some decent IEMs for when I don't want to carry around headphones. If I'm not happy with them I'll move on to the Shure but leary about spending $100 for IEMs. That kind of $ usually goes toward headphones.

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #8 of 25
no problem, i just got my e10's as well and they sound great, very enjoyable listening any type of music on them especially acoustic, and smooth vocals, nice bass extension on them as well
let me know what you think of them when you get em, and i suggest you play around with the earbuds a bit because they actually come with a variety of them, i have small ears so the extra small ones they gave give me the best fit with lots of isolation and a great bass response

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #9 of 25
Aug 8, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #10 of 25
Aug 8, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #11 of 25
Quote:
That's right folks, practically throwing them away!
wink.gif

You're most welcomed to "throw" yours to me if you're so inclined !
biggrin.gif

...that is, if you have them in the first place.

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #12 of 25
You're most welcomed to "throw" yours to me if you're so inclined ! :D

...that is, if you have them in the first place.

Check the boards here, I've seen quite a few pairs end up there. lol :p

People throwing them "everywhere" :wink:

Aug 8, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #13 of 25
I read the reviews on the fx40, very impressive. But regardless of reasonable price the bottom line is which IEM has the best SQ for the price. I realize that more than 1 IEM may fit the bill so I'm welcoming your suggestions. I may try a couple of the IEMs based on your feedback.
Thanks, everyone.

Aug 26, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #14 of 25
Just received the JVC FX40 a few days ago and I listened to one of my favorite cuts GRAND FUNK RAILROAD "Hooked on Love and WOW!!!!! These things blew my socks off. Then put on "Jazz Crimes" by Joshua Redman and the drum solo was so realistic  The snare and cymbals really shined I thought I was actually there. For $20 these have got to be one of the best bargains on the market. Thanks for recommending them. I was intending to order some Soundmagic e10's for about $37 shipped but I recently saw the Klipsch S4 this week fpr $32 shipped so I ordered those instead. But I'm still dazzled by the FX40's. Thanks again. 

Aug 26, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:
Just received the JVC FX40 a few days ago and I listened to one of my favorite cuts GRAND FUNK RAILROAD "Hooked on Love and WOW!!!!! These things blew my socks off. Then put on "Jazz Crimes" by Joshua Redman and the drum solo was so realistic  The snare and cymbals really shined I thought I was actually there. For $20 these have got to be one of the best bargains on the market. Thanks for recommending them. I was intending to order some Soundmagic e10's for about $37 shipped but I recently saw the Klipsch S4 this week fpr $32 shipped so I ordered those instead. But I'm still dazzled by the FX40's. Thanks again. 

Where'd you find the S4s for $32? I'd love to try them at that price.  Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back