Best budget gaming headphones
Aug 31, 2012 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

GMcDougal

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, im in need of finding a pair of gaming headphones. I will be pushing these with an X-FI Xtrememusic. I currently have a pair of ATH M30's that sound ok but they really hurt the tops of my ears after about an hour of wearing them. I am looking for a closed headphone as i game late at night and my pc is located in my bedroom. Comfort and sound quality is what im looking for here as close to $50 dollars as possible....i can venture above this but not by much. Thanks for the help!

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:
Hey guys, im in need of finding a pair of gaming headphones. I will be pushing these with an X-FI Xtrememusic. I currently have a pair of ATH M30's that sound ok but they really hurt the tops of my ears after about an hour of wearing them. I am looking for a closed headphone as i game late at night and my pc is located in my bedroom. Comfort and sound quality is what im looking for here as close to $50 dollars as possible....i can venture above this but not by much. Thanks for the help!

What about semi-open headphones, like the Takstar Hi2050? (Also sold under the name Technical Pro HPT990).

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #3 of 9
I always say MDR-V6 are your best option in the under $100 range. Remarkably flat for their price, and extremely comfortable at least when you break them in. And I don't even have an amp for mine and they sound great.

Like $20 over your budget but I'd say its worth it since they can compete with ~$150 headphones.

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #4 of 9
Koss Pro DJ100 if you want a closed headphone. I think it would be better than V6 for gaming, DJ100 has a better sound stage. Sometimes go on sale for $50. They used to be $50 almost all the time on amazon but lately it's been full retail price which is really weird. 

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #5 of 9
Koss Pro DJ100 if you want a closed headphone. I think it would be better than V6 for gaming, DJ100 has a better sound stage. Sometimes go on sale for $50. They used to be $50 almost all the time on amazon but lately it's been full retail price which is really weird. 

These koss seem like what i want but many say they have comfort issues and sit on the ear which is the problem i have now. The technical pro's seem nice, i would like to read something that says they are good for gaming.

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #7 of 9
They do have very good imaging as other people have stated, I had them but returned them because I couldn't have more than one headphone, and wanted more sub-bass so I got V6's. Going to buy them again though for my birthday if they go back to $50. There are many opinions about it on the thread listed below. If you have small ears it won't sit on the ear (I'm a girl so I guess my ears are small). Also, clamping does get better over time. There are other pads that fit it too. For gaming the sound stage on the V6 is small plus imaging isn't as good as DJ100. Just a small little opinion here :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/571216/koss-pro-dj-100-the-budget-king

Sep 1, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #9 of 9
AD700 + Logitech USB desktop mic would be my vote. It is what I use, I've been using this combo for nearly 3 years. I really want to try the AD500, AD900, and Sennheiser HD558, but my budget stops me. If I were to get a headset it would be the Corsair 1500. Most headsets I have used seem really terrible for the price. Hence why I went with the ad700. My only complaint about the ad700 is the lack of bass, adjusting the EQ helps, but I'm a bass addict 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back