Best Budget Closed Cans around $50 + or -
Apr 12, 2013 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Povell42

100+ Head-Fier
So, I currently have the ATH-AD900x and really like them. However, I am looking for a good budget can that is closed for better isolation and bass.  I am not really focused on quantity of bass but more quality strong bass. 

I am just starting my headphone collection and since I just bought the AD900x my budget is lower, and I am looking for something nice to fill my closed can needs until I can buy some more expensive in the future.  

If anyone can suggest a good set of budget cans that will complement my AD900x for some variety, please help me out. 

So, far I have come across the JVC HA RX700 / 900 and the Sony MV6.

Thanks

Apr 12, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #2 of 10
Having the HA-RX900 I can tell you that in this price range they're really REALLY good. They need a bit of burn-in to shine though (~200h).

They sure have a lot of bass but I wouldn't describe them as "quality strong bass", sometimes, it's just bloated bass.

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
I've had them for over 10 years. Does that count?
wink.gif

LOL.
biggrin.gif
  Well, I was really looking for someone who had at least 11 years, but I guess 10 will have to do.
tongue.gif

Apr 16, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #9 of 10
So i have been doing some searching and came across the Panasonic RP-HTF890-S & the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S.  I know that they are very different sounds, but they might compliment each others - as one shines in sound stage and and highs, while the other is a bass focused.

Has anybody tried either of these?

Apr 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #10 of 10
LOL.:D   Well, I was really looking for someone who had at least 11 years, but I guess 10 will have to do. :p

The Sony's have a little bit of a V-shaped response. So a little bit extra treble and extra bass, but not so much bass that people would call it a bass head phone. The bass also starts to roll off at around 50hz, so the response is more like what you get from tower speakers without having a sub to fill out the very low end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back