Best budget amp for T1's?
May 3, 2013 at 12:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

trippinonprozac

Head-Fier
I have done a fair bit of reading on here of late and I see that the general consensus is that the T1's pair very well with tube amps such as the WA2 and WA6SE etc. I have never owned a tube amp before and was looking at decent SS pairings including the Corda Concerto.

My question is - What amps below the $500 mark will do these cans justice? How does the Schiit Lyr, Darkvoice 3366 or LD amps handle the T1's. I am in Australia so some of what you guys consider "cheap" unfortunately arent so cheap over here.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

May 3, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #2 of 9
WA3? 
tongue_smile.gif

or maybe the schiit otl (i think its the valhalla), i've heard mix things about T1 with lyr, but should be ok. 

May 3, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #3 of 9
One of the best budget amps that sound more like WA6SE IMO, is the Bottlehead Crack + Speedball. If you have some DIY skills the amp can be made for just under 500. The amp is truly sensational with the T1's and do them great justice. You can also look into Schiit Vahalla or WA3, as alternative options. The Lyr does not sound quite right with the T1 and is really not made for the Beyers or Sennheisers, the 337 has been said to be great with Beyers as well.

May 3, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #4 of 9
^ yes the crack is great if hes up for DIY

May 3, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #5 of 9
Im great with computers but not so good with general electronics so prefer not to go down the DIY route.

The Vahalla isnt a model that I had considered but is available here for a reasonable price so that is an option.

I am guessing standard tubes wouldnt cut it with that amp? Any recommendations to maintain the amazing detail retrieval, sound stage and bass?

May 6, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #8 of 9
Thanks for all the replies guys!

I actually have Audio GD product available locally so I am thinking of going the SA-31. That amp has a few different warmth jumpers so I should be able to get the sound just right.

May 6, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #9 of 9
Soloist SL? since you're aussie, i bet you have the chance to demo the australian amp. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back