Best Best Earbud Mystery Revealed (To Be Continued)
Nov 8, 2006 at 5:44 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai
We don't know why you insisted on the cord issure....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai
Every month our factory received some cord broken YUIN earphones from Mingo

no comment

Nov 8, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #17 of 21
PK3 earbuds is the cheapest earbud in YUIN's product line and their sound is not as good as PK2 for sure, no matter driven by what kind of mp3 player, headfi fan can easily tell the difference. That is why, as YUIN's agency here, I did not release PK3 in headfi.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...=206270&page=3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evisu

in conclusion. w/o amp, i would rate it:
CM7ti > PK3 > PK1 > PK2

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Nov 8, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolos
I did before I post and didn't find anything. Would you show me where is that thread? I would appreciate it.

Can you little bit explain? And I believe the OP did chose what HE likes.

I don't know but I feel like some members here are against certain brands and some members are against certain areas in the world!! Please someone tell me I am wrong!!

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=205618

Maybe because all they're talking about is the damned bass?
I personally prefer neutral headphones rather than bass-crushing ones. Although these seem rather rare nowadays.

Nov 8, 2006 at 6:28 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega
I wonder what you're thinking of. It seems like most of the people who actually heard them liked them well enough. A couple of newbies with them got a little extravagant (comparing to SR-225 and DT990 for some reason, for example), but generally the remarks seem goodish. Personally I wouldn't buy a pair of earbuds even if they were good (hate the feel), but it's sort of interesting that someone seems to have actually tried making good ones.

Take that talk to Flavio and we'll see who's laughing.

Bass, bass, bass. Bass does not mean good sound.
I don't see any comparison against the mids, highs, details, and the soundstage against earbuds that cost around the same price.

Nov 8, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ypoknons
A headphone called "PK", on sale in Hong Kong*? That'll get attention.
[size=xx-small]*PK is short for a Cantonese swear word. A pretty nasty one. Literally it's falling the street, but eh...[/size]

If you heard of Supergirls TV Show in China start from 2005, you will know what PK means and why PK is so popular in China. Supergirls is a TV show similar to American Idle. PK means "Player Kill" (one to one, face to face compare) between supergirl candidates. In 2005, when the Supergirls Show becoming very hot, YUIN was looking for a name for their new product series. PK between different earphones, why not?

Supergirls show: HERO sing by Zhang liangying who learns sing only with her walkman (From Youtube)

Supergirls show: Don't Cry For Me, Argentina - Jane Zhang (Zhang LiangYing)(From Youtube)

The first supergirl winner, Li YUCHUN was on Times cover.

url

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Nov 8, 2006 at 12:35 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
Bass, bass, bass. Bass does not mean good sound.
I don't see any comparison against the mids, highs, details, and the soundstage against earbuds that cost around the same price.

Yeah, definitely real comparisons to actual competitors are thin on the ground, and spurious comparisons to full-size headphones and IEMs seem to be the rule. But the reports are slowly coming in. I can barely work up the energy to care, though. For me it's like asking, "what's the best soccer mom SUV?" Answer, who cares?

Also ditto on the bass issue, for days and days. I'm sick of the bass craze. Why is every new headphone bass-heavy now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back