Best bassy IEM's under 100$?
Mar 5, 2010 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

the rev

100+ Head-Fier
Hey friends, I've been gone for a while so I have no idea what's the best bang for your buck so.

What's the best bassy IEM's for under 100$?
-Please, no IEM's that have to "wrap" around the ear.
-The bassier the better, but it doest not need to have bass slam
-used for working out/walking around school

Thanks

edit: so far the NuForce NE-6 look good to me

Mar 5, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #2 of 22
In terms of bassy, I was immediately thinking of the Klipsch S4 for under 100 dollars (for IEMs)... they're very comfortable and can be used to walk. However, I'd wait first to see if people can attest to "working out" with them.

My roommate has a pair of those and loves em, but only uses it for walking daily.

Mar 5, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 22
Hippo VB

80$

Not only do they have about the best bass you can get in an IEM for any price the mids and treble are excellent as well. Overall they compete with IEM's 2 to 3 times their price.

Mar 5, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #5 of 22
Despite the hype, the FA Eterna and Hippo VB are probably your two best choices in that price range. You *could* get more bass out of a cheapo v moda or something, but the quality on either the Eterna or VB would be in another league.

Mar 5, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #6 of 22
FA Eterna arent that bassy.... they are quite midbassy for sure (and too much so for my tastes), but they very much lack in lower bass extension (and response) compared to hippo VBs.... But then, what else doesnt?
Actually pr1pro have more sub-bass than eterna... They have a very reasonable bass response but it goes very low and is able to give a little of that reverberating, rumbling sub-bass that VBs reproduces in greater amount and with even deeper extension. Pr1pro represents "accurate" bass for me, even though it can relatively lack texture and body.

Verdict: if you're a midbass head : FA Eterna
if you're a sub-bass head : Hippo VB

EDIT: Yeah, i havent heard those quoted by Zarim below, but the CKS70 are supposed to have a pretty crazy subwoofery bass. The others I think are above 100$ though

Mar 5, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #7 of 22
ATH_CKS70, Turbine, Denon C710 and UESF220........

Mar 6, 2010 at 2:23 AM Post #9 of 22
If you can find them, mdr ex71 sounds like what you need. I used them in the gym & they are perfect. Great bass & if they break you wont cry. I got mine for $20 in a bargain bin in NYC.

Mar 6, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #11 of 22
The Eterna with good tips actually gives my Atrio M5 a run for its money as far as bass extention. With the stock tips, it's pretty much all mid-bass, but good tips get rid of most of the mid-bass, bring out the highs, and deepen the bass. Bi-flanges (just not the stock ones) seem best for the highs, while Sony hybrids are just as good as the bi-flanges except for they don't being out the highs as much.
I'm hoping to include some bi-flanges with each pair soon, if FA can send me enough.

Personally I would not be able to listen to the Eterna with stock tips, it makes that much difference (and my apologies to everyone who didn't get a free set of tips. At the time I was paying more for the Eterna itself too, so lower prices to me allow me to bundle tips with it.)

Oh, and this post is pretty much irrelevant to the OP anyways as the Eterna does go over the ear, which is what I am assuming the OP means by 'wrap around the ear'. If you are fine with that, the Eterna is definately a bassy IEM.

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyFine Shindig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
VSonic R02Pro2's are meant to be good bassy IEM's for ~$69 on the head-direct site last time i checked.

They're a lot cheaper on ebay (<$45 shipped). Very underrated IEMs if you ask me, but I wouldn't say they are that bass heavy. Turbines, Klipsch S4, and RadioPaq Jazz all have more bass, though all are more expensive.

Mar 6, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by the rev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey friends, I've been gone for a while so I have no idea what's the best bang for your buck so.

What's the best bassy IEM's for under 100$?
-Please, no IEM's that have to "wrap" around the ear.
-The bassier the better, but it doest not need to have bass slam
-used for working out/walking around school

Thanks

edit: so far the NuForce NE-6 look good to me

get punch plugs by rockford fosgate sound is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back