Best bassy headphones for under $100?
Mar 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Ostefan95

New Head-Fier
Hey Head-Fi, I was just wondering, what are the best bassy headphones I can get for under $100? I listen to mostly hip-hop and dubstep and sometimes rock, so I want them to be bass heavy but not for it to be overpowering. I read about the Ultrasone DJs, and they seem like what I'm looking for, but are a bit out of my price range. What are some similar headphones under $100? I would want these to be circumaural, closed back, and have a detachable coiled cable. I also am not going to get an amp, so they need to be easily driven. Any suggestions highly appreciated.

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #5 of 27

Quote:
If you could stretch to $119 you could get the m-audio Q-40...earthquake cans :)

X2
they fit all your requirements (in your price range)

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #7 of 27

Quote:
X3

too much bass for my tastes, but I imagine that bassheads will be very enamored of them.
Very nicely made and very comfortable BTW.

Waht brand is that? Because I searched "X3 headphones," and mostly pictures of a gaming headset are coming up. Unless of course that's what you're referring to.

Edit: Disregard what I said above, had a bit of a brain fart.

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #8 of 27

Quote:
Waht brand is that? Because I searched "X3 headphones," and mostly pictures of a gaming headset are coming up. Unless of course that's what you're referring to.

Lol, its an internet thing, he's the 3x person to say that the m-audio Q-40 would be good for you. I have no opinion, just thought I would answer that.

Mar 14, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #10 of 27
You might even catch a pair on the sale forums here for cheaper. Most all the guys and guys here are great to deal with on sale/trade ect. Just do an advanced search under the for sale/trade section...

thanks...

Mar 14, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #13 of 27
The Sony XB700 have great punch and are some of the most comfortable cans I've ever worn.

Mar 14, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #15 of 27
Can't say; I've never heard the Q40's, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back