Best Bass earphones/earbuds less than $50?
Nov 17, 2011 at 8:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

chillychetas

New Head-Fier
I was thinking on the lines of Vmoda bass freq or the ME M31, but I read mixed reviews for them. I owned a PL11 until yesterday (when it got ran over by a taxi). I'm an avid Drum n bass and Dubstep fan, so I can't compromise with bass :)

Nov 17, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #3 of 10
Nov 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #4 of 10
The Meelectronics M6 has a pretty abundant bass that can shake your brain lol. I use my M9 to listen to dubstep. Sounds like a subwoofer in your head.

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #5 of 10
You get a earphone one of these guys suggest and then throw down some cash for one of these. $7.11 @ monoprice.com..Look out for a new thread concerning these as they sound like $200-$300 bass heavy headphone for the cost of peanuts.  You have nothing to loose in trying one..I can certainly bet whatever you get might be lacking after you hear these.. Sounds too good to be true, try one out and see for yourself.. If you want to try the biggest bass earphones of all time try one of these. less than $20 but will out thump any bassy earphone in bass.  The monoprice is much more balance and clean vs these but these are just a guilty pleasure.

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #6 of 10
I have not tried the Monster turbines but heard good things. I have heard of the V-MODA Bass Freq Earbuds and did not like them at all. The only good thing was the cost.
I am not sure why people suggest these. There bass is not very loud at all and overall performance was poor. You need to pay more than ten bucks for a decent pair of buds.
Be very skeptical on some of the advice you get here like the guy above me seems to be posting the same post over and over. Do you own research and dont take the advice of just one person. Try to find reputable reviews from known people that do it for a living. remember you get what you pay for. Dont waste your money on ten dollar head phones.

Quote:
Monster Turbine refurbished is available at the Monster Outlet Store for $50.

http://www.monstercable.com/outletstore/linelist.asp

V-Moda Bass Freq is pretty good for the price

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Bass-Freq-Earbuds-Rocker/dp/B000FUICLY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321544654&sr=1-1

Other than those 2, perhaps the Meelectronics M9 or M6 may be to your liking. Huge bass from those two. Both can be had for less than $20 and sometimes under $10.

Nov 17, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
The only good thing was the cost.
I am not sure why people suggest these. There bass is not very loud at all and overall performance was poor.

Bass is not loud? Perhaps you didn't get a good seal. The bass on these is very prominent - hence the name I guess. I like them for late night, drift off to sleep listening because the bass is so prominent that they sound full at very low volume.I also like them for outside yard work because if I destroy them I am only out $10. However, opinions vary. No single opinion on this forum should ever be taken as "The Opinion of Head-fi" - with the possible exception of ljokerl -
beyersmile.png

I always think that each post has an assumed "in my opinion" embedded.

Nov 17, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
If you want the best clean bass and subbass all around, try the Future Sonics Atrio X.

^^^THIS!!!

I have an M9, and Atrio X def has more bass.  I also have the SP51 and it's a tough call between the Atrio X and the MEE SP51.  I haven't A/B'd them.  But I find myself listening to more hip hop with the Atrio X and more drum and bass with the SP51 (black plate setting).  Atrio X needs about 100 hours burn-in and I'm probably at about 10 hours, so I'm not sure how much the sound sig will change later.  BUT the Atrio X is more comfortable and stays in place a lot better than the SP51 when using the Monster Adapters with Sony Hybrid tips.  My general opinion right now is there's more boom with the SP51 but the Atrio X will cleanly separate sub-bass.  But both are pretty damn bassy though, and all things considered I think Atrio X would get the call because it's not as finnicky getting the right seal to truly enjoy the bass.

Nov 17, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #10 of 10
Xears Nature N3i -- if you have a large canal, using the stock large tips, push real deep and once seals, your brain will hate you forever, I **** you not that the bass will vibrate your whole body (proper seal is required to achieve this)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back