Best bass earbuds?
Sep 15, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #121 of 140
I will second the 1X or 3X. My recommendation goes to the 3X though. Its better than the 1X in every way (its basically a cleaner sounding version) but, at least between those I own, with slightly less bass quantity.

The Sony XB50 is pretty nice too. Mids and treble are a bit too laid back for me (prefer the JVC aggressiveness) but the bass is godly.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/717002/sony-mrd-xb50-all-of-your-basses-all-of-them

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #122 of 140
 I will second the 1X or 3X. My recommendation goes to the 3X though. Its better than the 1X in every way (its basically a cleaner sounding version) but, at least between those I own, with slightly less bass quantity.

The Sony XB50 is pretty nice too. Mids and treble are a bit too laid back for me (prefer the JVC aggressiveness) but the bass is godly.

Hey since you have experience with the XB50 was wondering whether you have heard or are able to stack up the XB90s with them. I heard XB90 has teeth shaking bass but with good overall sound quality...

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #123 of 140
Hey since you have experience with the XB50 was wondering whether you have heard or are able to stack up the XB90s with them. I heard XB90 has teeth shaking bass but with good overall sound quality...

Unfortunately I only have experience with the XB50s. From what I've read the XB90s are more on par with the XB70s.

I've heard mixed feedback from people who've had both, so I don't know which of those two are better.

However, if either are better than the already awesome XB50, none are a bad choice. :)

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #124 of 140
Unfortunately I only have experience with the XB50s. From what I've read the XB90s are more on par with the XB70s.

I've heard mixed feedback from people who've had both, so I don't know which of those two are better.

However, if either are better than the already awesome XB50, none are a bad choice.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey thanks. I currently own the FX1Xs and am looking to change for the sake of changing...nothings wrong with my JVC cuties. I'm just looking for something that can give me as much fun as them...any ideas? Looking currently at Shure SE215 or Yamaha EPH-100(more likely this one)...

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #125 of 140
  Hey thanks. I currently own the FX1Xs and am looking to change for the sake of changing...nothings wrong with my JVC cuties. I'm just looking for something that can give me as much fun as them...any ideas? Looking currently at Shure SE215 or Yamaha EPH-100(more likely this one)...

Let me throw you a curve-ball and suggest the VSonic VSD3 (no S). They are a just a stones throw from being a basshead IEM imo (based on the bassy IEMs/headphones I own and can compare to), but sound oh so good. The bass is of such good quality, and has some nice punch to it. They are stupidly comfortable as well.

While I haven't tried the SE215s, over on the VSD3 thread they are unanimously stomped by the 3s.

I know very little about the Yammys so I've avoid commenting on those.

Sep 15, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #127 of 140
Hehe......If you want to FEEL the bass get skullcandy crusher.......( don't punch me!! )
But it is not a earbud

The Crushers are a ton of fun, and with the bass turned all the way down, don't sound half bad. Im waiting for them to drop to around 50 CAD. Only then will I grab a pair for the heck of it :D

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #132 of 140
Hehe......If you want to FEEL the bass get skullcandy crusher.......( don't punch me!! )
But it is not a earbud

Haha I tried the crushers in a store...my brain dislodged itself listening to Royals by Lorde so I didnt dare try any bass pumped songs lol. Ill bet its the most fun thing in the headphone industry at the moment...would have bought them for the heck of it...INSANE!!!

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #133 of 140
Haha I tried the crushers in a store...my brain dislodged itself listening to Royals by Lorde so I didnt dare try any bass pumped songs lol. Ill bet its the most fun thing in the headphone industry at the moment...would have bought them for the heck of it...INSANE!!!

Yeah...the Crushers are hilarious. I'm picking up a pair without hesitation...once the price drops a bit more that is.

May 22, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #135 of 140
Depends on what one means by "best" but anyone looking for serious bass from an earbud should check out the VE Zen 2.0. 
These babies sound more like headphones than earphones! Using donut foams increases the amount of bass even farther, pretty spectacular and respected buds, but not for the treble head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back