best bass cans without EQ
Mar 26, 2023 at 10:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

NewCanadian

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for the best bass headphones out there without EQ, something I can connect to a Naim Uniti HE

my frame of reference is LCD XC with eq and balanced amp, I think the bass on this system slams

I would like to approach this with a more simple and elegant system

Mar 26, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #3 of 15
Are you looking for full bass or tight and punchy?

Mar 26, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #6 of 15
Tight and punchy, I'd say the HE6SE v2 if you can drive them well. HE-500 or Quad ERA-1 are other options that are easier to drive.

Mar 26, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #8 of 15
Zmf Eikon all day...not the cleanest but does great all around, it's solid Soundstage helps its clarity but its subbass and punch is upper lever not achieved by many spendy cans.
But if you want a cheap thrill the Sennheiser Momentum 3 corded can make that happen!

Mar 26, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #9 of 15
Hi, I'm looking for the best bass headphones out there without EQ, something I can connect to a Naim Uniti HE

my frame of reference is LCD XC with eq and balanced amp, I think the bass on this system slams

I would like to approach this with a more simple and elegant system
TH900 Mk2 Blue or White.

Mar 26, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #12 of 15
Zmf Atrium has a very punchy bass that has good quality and quantity. Doesn't have planar sub base extension.
D8000 pro has fantastic extension, tightness, punch, and detail to its bass. It may not be elevated quantity wise but it has some of the best quality bass in any headphone I have heard.
Regular D8000 is not a headphone I have heard but it has elevated bass compared to the pro version.
If you want much more reasonably priced headphones the Tr-x00 variants, E-mu Teak, and Meze 99 are good options. Though for the TRX00/THX00 aren't produced anymore and have to be found used.

Mar 26, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #13 of 15
these are great suggestions
my only concern is power, leaving my balanced amp and balanced eq for the naim all in one

i really only want a headphone system nowadays for bass sessions and the lcd xc with the cheap drop amp and behringer eq hit like a truck

was too heavy on my head and I need a more simple and elegant system hence the naim

Mar 29, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #15 of 15
Have used LCD-X and purchased Clear MG recently. I'd say stay away from Focal. LCD-X excels in every single way including build, comfort and sound. I'm returning my MG.

I also would like to venture into ZMF world, but i'm not living in US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back