best band names
Apr 19, 2006 at 2:06 PM Post #16 of 89
in general, i think punk bands have the best names. the funniest, at least.

Apr 19, 2006 at 2:16 PM Post #17 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
I've always liked Godsmack, not that I'm anti-religious or anything, just think it's a funny name...

Its the name of an Alice in Chains song. Which makes sense, because Godsmack is an AIC cover band. Plus, smack refers to heroin.

Cant believe nobody has mentioned Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd yet.

Best local band name ive hear is The Marta Complex. If anyone can pick out that reference, Ill send you a quarter.

Apr 19, 2006 at 2:46 PM Post #18 of 89
One of my friends was staring a solo/side project from his band and was going to (although I think he was only joking) name the band The Christ Punchers because he saw it mentioned in The Simpsons as a possible name for Homer's biker gang. I think that'd be a name that may catch someones eye.

Apr 19, 2006 at 4:13 PM Post #21 of 89
Gaye Bikers on Acid

And from the Muppet Show, Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem
icon10.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #22 of 89
Stabbing Westward

Joey's Throwin Elbows

Apr 19, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #25 of 89
My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult

Ned's Atomic Dustbin

Bluchunks

Save Ferris

My Bloody Valentine

The The

Apr 19, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #27 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
Autechre (how DO you pronounce this name?)

If you're familiar with the group, it may not surprise you to learn there actually is no "official" pronounciation. However, Booth and Brown apparently say aw-tek-er. Not certain where the stress falls. "Sean Booth explains that the name came about when the duo were working on an Atari. 'The first two letters were intentional, because there was an 'au' sound in the track, and the rest of the letters were bashed randomly on the keyboard. We had this track title for ages, and we had written it on a cassette, with some graphics. It looked good, and we began using it as our name.'"

I think Agoraphobic Nosebleed is one of the best (well, funniest) band names. They are an extreme grindcore act.

Apr 19, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #30 of 89
Death From Above 1979
The String Cheese Incident
Widespread Panic
Trashcan Sinatras
Fourplay
Soulive
PHiSH
Muse
Sublime
Blur
The Cure
Incubus(if you really know what it means)
N.E.R.D. (nobody ever really dies)

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back