Best Baggable Heaphones? (no IEMS)
Sep 8, 2008 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

MadDog5145

500+ Head-Fier
In other words, I am looking for durability. Something I can toss in my bookbag with my textbooks and other school junk while surviving throughout the day in that mosh pit. Had the AKG K81DJ but the long cable is too much of a hassle and I wasn't too confident in it's plastic build. I am also want them to be closed so minimal sound leaking in or out. What do you guys recommend?

Sep 8, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #2 of 14
well for stuff like that i use the koss ksc75 because they are pretty durable and cheap and sound great. at most the clip might fall off, but it is easy to put back on.

for closed headphones though i'm not real sure as far as just tossing them in a bag.

edit:

my brother has a pair of AKG K 27i and while they aren't full sealed earphones they don't let much out and they block out almost all the noise, he actually uses them to play drums with when he is at home. and i have heard them and they sound really good as well.

Sep 8, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 14
This doesn't seem to be an especially popular headphone around here, but I'd say the Audio Technica ATH-M50 fits your needs pretty well. Closed, foldable, durable, relatively short coiled cable (for studio cans), and (IMO) nice sound. The M-Audio Q40 might fit the bill, too. Then again, I just noticed you own the DT-770, and if you consider your Beyers too big to be "baggable," I doubt either the ATH-M50 or Q40 will suit you...

Sep 8, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 14
Koss KSC75, AKG K81DJ both are fairly good and are probably "baggable".
IMO, KSC75 if you don't need isolation, K81DJ if you do.
FWIW, the AKGs sound better to me, but not $50-$60 better. They also have durability issues in my experience.

Apr 7, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #5 of 14
I would not recommend the ksc75 as baggable. I love them (the sound like grado's but cost a fraction of the price), but the stupid clips pop of constantly. Maybe if you glue them into position...

Apr 7, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #6 of 14
It's not closed (hard to think of any closed throwaway style headphones), but I'd say PX100/200 as it folds away into that plastic container.

Apr 7, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #7 of 14
Aye.. PX100\200.. Jays C-Jays.. ATH-ESW9\10 comes to mind
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #8 of 14
I am using a pair of foldable closed phones by Cresyn call CS-HP600 they are said to have the same characteristics as the Audio Technica A700/900 series. I enjoy them quite a bit now that I have burned them in. They have very nice bass and decent highs but a recessed midrange. They do seem to respond well to EQing though. The nice thing for me was that they sound as good as much more expensive headphones for about a third of the cost. If your in Canada you can find them at some Walmarts for $35 otherwise search the net or look at discount stores like Walmarts in your area. By the way, the reason they sound so much like ATH A700 phones is that Cresyn apparently makes phones for ATH. The come with a small draw string bag as well. The cable is not to long but longer than most IEMs (around 4').

Apr 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4saken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser HD25-I? I've read somewhere that they were "indestructible".

that would be a good choice, too. most of the parts are user replaceable so you can swap out anything that brakes. not too portable as they don't really fold up. you could field strip it into pieces and make it pretty compact, tho. somehow i can picture you timing yourself to disassemble and reassemble, like taking apart a rifle...
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back