Best BA iem under 300$
Sep 22, 2011 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Carsonwen

Head-Fier
Hi, I want to purchase an iem that uses multiple BA drivers. I live In Canada and my budget is 300$. I am replacing it with my UE 500. I really want something with good highs and mids but that usually means no bass. I want something with bass. I listened to the shure se 210 and to me it had no bass. I don't need as much bass as UE 500 but something like it. Any suggestions?

Sep 23, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #5 of 22

Quote:
Bass in UE700? Are you kidding? When comparing bass quality in UE 500, 600 and 700, UE 500 has the most bass, 600 medium and 700 has the least bass. 

It depends on what his perception of  "much bass" is.

I think TF10s fit the bill. Has all the punch that he needs though midrange might be a bit recessed.

Sep 24, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #7 of 22
I live in Canada so I can only get the triplefis for 400+ . if that wasn't the case I would have purchased them already. I am looking at se 425 or westone um2 currently. Any thought on those? Thx

Sep 24, 2011 at 8:05 AM Post #8 of 22
UM2 is superior in that it is smoother and more natural sounding but with more bass as well.  Treble is a bit rolled off on both.
W2 may actually be the better choice with many preferring it even over triple driver TF10.  W2 has exceptional clarity and detail, a larger soundstage and very adequate bass unless you are a basshead.  W2 is W3 little brother.  Same soundsig without the sub-bass which many actually prefer....it's more balanced.

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #9 of 22
EQ-7, SM3 V2, UM3x, Shure SE535, DBA-02, CK100 and SA7.

Sep 24, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #14 of 22
i really like the great highs and detail the BA's can produce and currently i am very interested in the Westone 2 especially cuz it ships with an amp. Does anyone have this and can tell me if it has bass? basically i just want a shure se 425 that has bass(doesnt have to be as good in other areas but something like it). thx.

and... if there is a dynamic iem that fits my needs, i might also look into it. i thought maybe monster turbine gold but they have too much bass boost for me.

thx for the replies!

Sep 24, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #15 of 22
I just returned my W2 today. They are very good at everything they are really comfortable, tiny (compared to my TF10), best cable ever, but although they sound really good they dont sound in anyway as good as TF10. In fact I dont know if they sound better than my Denon C710. Bass is there but although it is very controlled its not that powerful. I think Im gonna try the W3 which some people say sound a lot like the TF10 but since I cant wear the Tf10 for more than 30min at a time and I know westones are super comfy its worth it to me. The Ex600 sound good too but Ive been hearing that they are just as uncomfortable as TF10 but at $120 it may be worth it.

EDIT: Oh yea you were asking about the fiio E6, it is pretty good on one of the settings (blue light) but I honestly dont believe the W2 really benefit from the E6 cause they are already really effiecent. The E6 also made minimal difference with my denons but made a big difference with my TF10 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back