Best antivirus for Windows 7?
Jan 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

olear

500+ Head-Fier
I haven't had the best experience with Kaspersky, which expires tomorrow and would appreciate other antivirus/malware, etc products.

Thank You

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #6 of 38
Panda cloud,
I have the free version. Maybe because I have an English language PC and live in France but I have had only one serious attack and that was  from ransomware. I phoned my Dutch mate who is an IT man who told me that there was free software available on the net to deal with it.

However the next time I logged on Panda zapped it and 2 E cards supposedly from My partner's friends - they were'nt and they got zapped as well. No problems at all running Panda and that's over 3 years now. I may shell out for the pro version.

Jan 6, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #7 of 38
Quote:
Panda cloud,
I have the free version. Maybe because I have an English language PC and live in France but I have had only one serious attack and that was  from ransomware. I phoned my Dutch mate who is an IT man who told me that there was free software available on the net to deal with it.

However the next time I logged on Panda zapped it and 2 E cards supposedly from My partner's friends - they were'nt and they got zapped as well. No problems at all running Panda and that's over 3 years now. I may shell out for the pro version.

A google search showed various products which received high marks from PCMag and Top 10 reviews.
Webroot, Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton and a few others. I don't know how credible the sources are since I've had poor experiences with Kaspersky.

Panda Cloud does sound good.

Jan 7, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #10 of 38
Quote:
I went with MSE since it's specifically for Windows and also has excellent reviews.

Not a bad idea to also install Malwarebytes and do an on-demand scan once in a while....I probably run one every other week or so.

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #14 of 38
Quote:
MSE: Unobstrusive, fast and 

Are we talking about a Microsoft product here?? 
blink.gif

I use Bitdefender, runs very quiet, you barely know it's there.

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #15 of 38
I use Unthreat Antivirus and I like it. It's easy to use and doesn't slow down my computer while running which is a plus in my book! I use it with my Windows 7 and it works perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back