Best Amp to Get with Denon AH-D600's
Sep 30, 2013 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

brazm

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm pretty much deadset on getting these headphones, I've listened to them, they sound great imo, for what I plan to use them for- just listening to music, mainly on my mp3 player, an iPod 5.5 Gen, and maybe my iPhone 5. Plus, they're extremely comfortable, and I feel like I could wear them all day.

I couldn't tell from the music I was listening to at Best Buy with these cans, but I heard the bass can be a bit muddy, and I was just wondering what would be the best amp to get for these to tighten up the bass?

Thanks!

Sep 30, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 4
For a portable headphone amplifier, Fiio E11, get the Micca combo ($62.99), comes with an extra battery.

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #3 of 4
Okay, thanks, I've heard some people say FiiO isn't that great, what are your thoughts? But if they're fine, I'll use it, I'm by no means an audiophile, but I am starting to get into this sort of thing.

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #4 of 4
  Okay, thanks, I've heard some people say Fiio isn't that great, what are your thoughts? But if they're fine, I'll use it, I'm by no means an audiophile, but I am starting to get into this sort of thing.

I own the Fiio E11 and I like it (audio quality wise), I really do not see much in the way of negative comments about Fiio products, I do not think Fiio products are over priced. I can see someone who spends $400 on a portable amplifier, having something they like better then Fiio.

My $27 Fiio E6 could power the 25-Ohm Denon AH-D600, so I can't see spending alot to drive the D600.
Get the E11 for now, you can always "upgrade" in the future if you find something that it noticeably better.
Spend enough time on Head-Fi and you'll understand why others say 'Sorry about your wallet".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back