Best amp for Q701 and DT990 600 ohms
Mar 11, 2012 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Dj Mark

New Head-Fier
Hi, im starting this thread as I have the DT990's 600 ohm and am planing to get the Q701's very soon. I was planing to get the little dot mk3 or 4 for my beyers but now the AKG's are in the picture i dont know what to get. it will be my first decent amp as i only have a ibasso d2. I am thinking of using it as a DAC once i have a good amp but not sure about much at the moment, If there is not a amp that will be good for both hp's i will maybe sell the DT's or something. i have not used them much as didnt get round to buying a good amp for them so didnt see the point in using them. What i care most about using headphones for is for producing some house music and some monitoring and editing, so i care about a neutral pair of headphones. 
I have found many different reviews about both pairs but i really want to try out my beyers with a apropriate amp before thinking of selling and also would like to add a pair of AKG's to my collection. I DJ a bit so i have a pair of Allen & Heath witch do the job very well but are useless for anything other than djing. I love to listen to music and love mixing songs so im really most interested in good sounding neutral hp's. Also i dont use much high quality sound formats for listening or djing, basicaly mp3 but when producing,mixing and editing i use wav.
I hope i get some info from someone with an idea ob both headphones and what amps would be best for both or if nothing good for both what would be a good choice for the AKG's as i already know what the 990's need at 600ohms. 
dt880smile.png

Mar 11, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #2 of 2

Audio-gd NFB-5

$330USD + shipping to your door.

Neutral flavor all round for the DAC and amp. Impossible to touch for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back