Best amp for K701 at low volume ?
Aug 12, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zemzem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, The K701 is full of details, when listen at normal level.
k701smile.gif

I just need really low level at night, just before sleeping.
This means that I don't need some "heavily loud sub bass" makes me feel vibrations in my stomach.

What will make me happy is just simply hear the double bass when I am in my bed...
biggrin.gif

Well, maybe I ask to much.
frown.gif
frown.gif

Z
L3000.gif

Thank you for implying that I clarify my answer. I am talking about about punch, slam, authority--what-have-you. IMHE, the K701 needed--short of a loudness button/distortion boost--higher volumes to give me a clear window into the sound.

Aug 12, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by URZS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you have any suggestions for those who are in search of good sound at low volumes? i was under the impression that the D2000's which i see in your sig required relatively high volumes to perform their best, is this not the case?

IMHE, the D2000 give a more "complete" rendering of the music than the K701 at comparatively low listening levels, but then the impedance load is lower on the Denon.

Aug 12, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by URZS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you have any suggestions for those who are in search of good sound at low volumes? i was under the impression that the D2000's which i see in your sig required relatively high volumes to perform their best, is this not the case?

IMHE, the D2000 give a more "complete" rendering of the music than the K701 at comparatively low listening levels; but then the impedance load is lower on the Denon, too.

Aug 12, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for implying that I clarify my answer. I am talking about about punch, slam, authority--what-have-you. IMHE, the K701 needed--short of a loudness button/distortion boost--higher volumes to give me a clear window into the sound.

Is this need for more punch or slam is a a mater of the music you listen? I don't know, this is just a question.
I'm listening classical music almost exclusively on the K701, and I never feel this lack of punch, but when I tried to listen Prog-Rock (Dream Theater, or Neal Morse, for example)
eek.gif
, I'm happy to have a GS1000
gs1000.gif

But... wait a minute... I want to try the D2000 now...
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Thank you for your patience and your kind answer.
beerchug.gif

Z

Aug 13, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #20 of 20
Take a look at the most recent issue of Stereophile. Mike Fremmer, who raves about the 701s, raves here about the new Musial Fidelity X Box. It goes for around your budget. Add a power supply and it goes up to $1000.

My Blue Circle SBH is $1100 and packs plenty of punch to play the 701s at low volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back