Best amp for HD650 quality/cost relation
Nov 23, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #46 of 53
Crow tonight. Sorry blueyez. I didn't read the data but viewed the pic only.

Sir,

I am in error and so submit my apology to you. I incorrectly thought the amp in the pic was the amp listed. I should have read the thread. That amp is not a typical build and would not help the OP.

HC

Nov 23, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #47 of 53
Hey no sweat, I saw that amp when he listed it and had to look a few times myself. Strange, I guess the guy likes his music loud.
smile.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #48 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crow tonight. Sorry blueyez. I didn't read the data but viewed the pic only.

HC

Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey no sweat, I saw that amp when he listed it and had to look a few times myself. Strange, I guess the guy likes his music loud.
smile.gif

lol, it IS a strange amp. It's really odd that it doesn't even sound like you can make it a functional volume control.

And crow is just fine...tastes like chicken.
beerchug.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #49 of 53
I was looking at that PPX3, too. My guess is that the owner ran it with a passive preamp with a volume control, so he could put multiple inputs into it and maybe had a run to a power amp.

Also, putting the volume control back into the circuit is relatively easy. If you didn't want to send it to Mikhail, it could be done by any local guitar amp or radio tech in a few minutes. Easy DIY project, too.

But that's a nice amp at a nice price. Was really tempted to pick it up, but the Moth just arrived and I'm close to finishing another big tube amp. Someone should grab it.

Nov 24, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #50 of 53
Still having some doubts, MKIV does look nice, and it seems it has some nice range of tubes or am i wrong? The Dac amp, should be his next thing i think. But he always looked interested in getting some amp with tubes...:p

Edit: this weekend ill post here the full extent of my dad's equipment....maybe you guys could give a somehow better feedback.....looking forward to it.......

Nov 24, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #51 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxrunner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still having some doubts, MKIV does look nice, and it seems it has some nice range of tubes or am i wrong? The Dac amp, should be his next thing i think. But he always looked interested in getting some amp with tubes...:p

Edit: this weekend ill post here the full extent of my dad's equipment....maybe you guys could give a somehow better feedback.....looking forward to it.......

Whatever you get it will sound better than simply plugging into his laptop.
L3000.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #52 of 53
So he also has, a sansui amplifier AU-x701, sansui equalizer se-88 and a sansui synthesizer tuner tu-x701. its all sansui, dont know if its really good.

Im willing to go to the LD MKIV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back