Best amp for HD595
Feb 24, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #17 of 18
there was a user who found pa2v2 making hd595 worse, but no complaints about ibasso.

Feb 24, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Certainly for someone starting off, they can save money by getting a cheaper amp then the MicroAmp....won't ever disagree with that!

But one of the reasons why I like my MicroAmp for my 595s is the crossfeed switch. It does make a difference for the 595s. It's also good for other high impedence headphones (mainly the HD580 or HD600 or the k501). I don't plan on upgrading it as my main headphone amp anytime soon....since it's sound signature is pretty uncolored (so it plays nice with many different headphones). It'll be able to play pretty much any headphone. But I am getting upgraditis from joining this site.....working constantly on better source equipment now (ie CD player and dedicated DAC for mp3s).

I havn't heard the microamp, but I think davesrose have a good point about the crossfeed. Another thing is that it has a gain switch that goes from low/medium/high, this is good becuse 595 is low impedance headphones 50Ohm and doesn't need as much power as say HD-600 that is 300Ohm, it is good if you at some point will upgrade your headphones. It is always good to match amp and headphone impedance. if you buy a Go-Vibe you have to choose gain when you buy it. You can also choose the micro with the "desktop" electronics module that is supposed to make it sound better.

But if you plan to keep the 595 the Go-vibe 5 is supposed to be good, it is actually cheaper now than before. Or you could buy the little more expensive Go-Vibe 6. Check out the Homepage here:

http://www.go-vibe-headphoneamp.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back