Mar 2, 2010 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

dfoe

New Head-Fier
Hi.

I'm redirecting my thread to this forum ( again
smily_headphones1.gif
).

So here we go:

What is the best amp for a balanced PS1000?

Many thanks.

Mar 2, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #2 of 16
I think you might be better served going to a meet if you plan on dropping a big bundle on an amp, unless you wanna just chance it. Based on your last thread I take it the Balancing Act wasn't the option you wanted to take.

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #6 of 16
I haven't heard one, but the EAR HP4 gets a lot of recommendations from grado lovers. You might want to look into it.

Mar 4, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there aren't that many balanced amps, so this shouldn't be a hard choice.

True.

BA, The Emmeline II, "B-52".. other?

The only thing that got me thinking is that supposedly John grado balanced the headphones on a hybrid amplifier,and that these benefit from very low output impedances. It may be a studpid question but, if you don't have a hybrid amplifier with very low output impedance which supposedly are made to be with the PS1000, what then? Do you get the "wrong" sound?
confused_face(1).gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfoé /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could somebody tell where to get the headphones re-cabled?

Quite sure APureSound can help you with that.
APureSound V3 - Grado PS1000

Mar 10, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do the cans need to be recabled? They have an 8 conductor cable from the factory that easily supports balanced operation.

Ok, so the headphones do not need balanced re-cabling? How would it connect to a amplifier such as the BA?

Mar 11, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #14 of 16
Get someone to chop off the plug and last few inches of cable, attach a 4-pin XLR (or 2x 3-pin XLR depending on what amp you go with) and make the end piece and adaptor. The stock Grado cable, IMO, is perfectly fine.

Mar 12, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get someone to chop off the plug and last few inches of cable, attach a 4-pin XLR (or 2x 3-pin XLR depending on what amp you go with) and make the end piece and adaptor. The stock Grado cable, IMO, is perfectly fine.

Who would you recommed to do it professionally?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back