Best Amp for around $100?
Jun 25, 2013 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Abor

New Head-Fier
I need a good Amp under $120 that works well with the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros and I mostly listen to hip-hop. It needs to be a desktop amp and I am decently confused on what one I should go with. 

Amps I have been considering:
- Nuforce uDac-2
- Topping Tp30
- Bravo Valve V3

If there are better ones for a similar price feel free to mention them and please tell me why you think one is better than the other, thanks.

Jun 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 10
O2
FiiO E09k

These should be at the top of your list.  

Jun 25, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #3 of 10
If you're a basshead, you'll like the V3. If you want a more natural presentation, the bravo ocean. 

Jun 25, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
I need a good Amp under $120 that works well with the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros and I mostly listen to hip-hop. It needs to be a desktop amp and I am decently confused on what one I should go with. 

- Nuforce uDac-2
- Topping Tp30
- Bravo Valve V3

If there are better ones for a similar price feel free to mention them and please tell me why you think one is better than the other, thanks.

I believe the Beyer Custom Pro Ones are only 16-Ohm, which any portable audio player should be able to drive.
A $27 Fiio E6 could easily drive the Beyer COPs.
Fiio E10 USB/DAC/Amp ($75, connects to a computer's USB port) comes with a low headphone output jack impedance, which should be good for working with your 16-Ohm headphones.
A Fiio E07K USB/DAC/Amp would work nice too.

Jun 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #5 of 10
I'll spring for the Topping TP30, simply because it has speaker posts on the back of it. You can very easily add some bookshelves to it, and you've got a very versatile system. USB DAC, headphone amp, and speaker amp, all in one, right there on your desktop.

If you're purely looking at a dedicated headphone setup, I stand down, I haven't heard the others you've listed. 

Jun 26, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
I'm going to buy the fiio e10 it was on sale for $50 and seemed pretty good so thank you.

E10 Olympus or the normal version? 

Jun 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

- Nuforce uDac-2
- Topping Tp30
- Bravo Valve V3

A vintage Kenwood/Pioneer from late 1970's can be had for around that price and will drive those headphones like you would not believe. 

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
A vintage Kenwood/Pioneer from late 1970's can be had for around that price and will drive those headphones like you would not believe. 

Good recommendation for desktop use. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back