Best AMP/DAC for Denon D7000's?
Apr 17, 2011 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

joshjacobs

New Head-Fier
I've been saving up and pretty soon I'm going to go for some D7000's.

Now, what about a Desktop Headphone Amp? I don't care if it's SS or Tubed.

---

Also, what about a DAC? I've been thinking about a DACmagic or a Spitfire DAC. What would you recommend?

Apr 18, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #2 of 3
I currently use the K.I.C.A.S. Caliente with my D-7000s in conjunction with the HRT Music Streamer II and iStreamer and I love my setup.

I haven't had a ton of gear to compare my rig to but I've had the Corda 2 Move and the Ortofon HD-Q7. Specifically I did a head to head with the Caliente and Ortofon and found the Ortofon to be extremely clinical. There's a chance that it may have been more accurate but it was much more sibilant and I didn't feel the bass as much. My primary music style is electronic/beat so analytical isn't my #1 choice in an amp.

It's not much but I hope that helps.

Scott 

Apr 18, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #3 of 3
I use the Purity Audio Kicas (Normal Version) as well along with a Audio-gd NFB3 with my D2000's with 7000 cups and mark l mods. I love the setup and only plan to upgrade the phones (to D7000 eventually). I have been very happy with the Audio-GD NFB3 (with DIR9001 Chip)... if you can wait for shipping from audio-gd, it really is the way to go IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back