Best AMP/DAC for $600 or less for PSB M4U 2
Jul 15, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #31 of 40
They're just really fishy in general. (no stereotypes just from experience) I'd prefer not to get involved.

Well, that is stereotyping.

Audio-GD makes fantastic products, and if you read the discussion threads for their products, you'll find there is nothing "fishy" about the company or the products.

Jul 15, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #39 of 40
I can vouch for the Schiit products, but afraid I do not have comparable experience with the other good options mentioned in this thread so far.

I agree. The Schiit dac/amps are probably the most popular dac/amp products (well, and Audio-GD) for desktop setups on Head-Fi. You might certainly find a deal for something elsewhere on the web that might be good, but since you are new to this, I'd suggest sticking to the Schiit products for a desktop setup because they are well-reviewed and well-liked. You know that you are getting a good product.

If you decide you would rather have a portable setup, I suggest the JDS Labs C5D or the Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII. Those are well-regraded audiophile DACs/amps. Nice thing about them is not only that they would be easy to carry with you for your phone or tablet, but also when you take your laptop elsewhere. You might find that you don't need a desktop setup once you hear one of those.

Jul 15, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #40 of 40
I agree. The Schiit dac/amps are probably the most popular dac/amp products (well, and Audio-GD) for desktop setups on Head-Fi. You might certainly find a deal for something elsewhere on the web that might be good, but since you are new to this, I'd suggest sticking to the Schiit products for a desktop setup because they are well-reviewed and well-liked. You know that you are getting a good product.

If you decide you would rather have a portable setup, I suggest the JDS Labs C5D or the Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII. Those are well-regraded audiophile DACs/amps. Nice thing about them is not only that they would be easy to carry with you for your phone or tablet, but also when you take your laptop elsewhere. You might find that you don't need a desktop setup once you hear one of those.

Cool thanks guys (Billheiser and cel4145), I think I'll pick up a Schiit Valhalla 2 and a Peachtrree Dac-iT-X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back