Best all-arounders under/around $550
Aug 12, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #31 of 34
Hey, just to update I went ahead and actually got some Edition 8's (little less than 700 in mint!) for their portability...
I've had them for a few days and originally they sounded a little off, highs were ever so slightly harsh.... It wasn't "smooth" at all...

After breaking them in for a few days, I can hear them start to change, they sound a LOT better, but I feel like they still have a long way to go...
Hopefully I'll write a review after a few weeks with them

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:
Hey, just to update I went ahead and actually got some Edition 8's (little less than 700 in mint!) for their portability...
I've had them for a few days and originally they sounded a little off, highs were ever so slightly harsh.... It wasn't "smooth" at all...

After breaking them in for a few days, I can hear them start to change, they sound a LOT better, but I feel like they still have a long way to go...
Hopefully I'll write a review after a few weeks with them

Very cool.  I got a pair about a month ago - maybe the best portable headphone ever.  Great fit, sleek, some say too nice to wear outside.............may be true but I think they are perfect for mowing the grass.  
eek.gif

Aug 13, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #34 of 34
Quote:
I agree with you there, except for the mowing grass part 
wink_face.gif

I don't plan on babying these things to the point where I don't use them, but maybe just a bit

I tried M-100's for the grass duty and they just didn't do it for me on comfort or sound.  Hence the Edition 8...........I'm 52 years old, take very good care of stuff and yard work duty is not what I'd consider "hazard pay" for them. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back