Best album opening/closing track
Aug 1, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #33 of 45
351Cleveland you choose those four? Or are you saying they are out of the running because they run together?

Aug 1, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #34 of 45
^ Yes, I choose those 4. To me, they are 2 songs because they run together and are never heard individually, even if they are listed in the TOC as separate songs.

And I would like to add Speak To Me/Breathe - Brain Damage/Eclipse to my list.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #35 of 45
My collection is a bit light on albums that aren't compilations so I had a bit of trouble coming up with something not posted already...

Sting, The Dream of Blue Turtles
If You Love Somebody Set Them Free / Fortress Around Your Heart

Rodrigo y Gabriela (self-titled)
Tamucan/PPA

+1 for Kind of Blue, Aja and Sgt. Peppers

Aug 1, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #36 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My collection is a bit light on albums that aren't compilations so I had a bit of trouble coming up with something not posted already...

Sting, The Dream of Blue Turtles
If You Love Somebody Set Them Free / Fortress Around Your Heart...

I have good memories of the first song(If You love Somebody...). Spent a lot of time riding my bike and hearing it many times on the portable radio clipped to my belt in 85 or so.-That and Paul Hardcastle's Nine-nine-nineteen-
smile.gif
I think I'll look up Dream of the Blue Turtles. Thanx for that.

Aug 7, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #38 of 45
Obviously not a prominent genre in these forums - but Aquarius/Wildlife Analysis off of "Music Has the Right to Children" by Boards of Canada are both such good ending and beginning songs for the album's feel. Such a great album...

Also, Procession/My Song off Every Good Boy Deserves Favour by The Moody Blues have always stood out to me.

Aug 7, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #41 of 45
A lot of the greats have already been mentioned, but the one that made me go "oh yeahhhh" most enthusiastically was King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King.

I would like to submit :

Beck's Mellow Gold - Loser, Blackhole

Neil Young's After the Gold Rush - Tell Me Why, Cripple Creek Fairy

New York Dolls - Personality Crisis, Jet Boy

Pixies' Doolittle - Debaser, Gouge Away, and on that note, Surfer Rosa - Bone Machine, Brick is Red (I really love this song, don't understand why it isn't more popular)

Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop, Today Your Love Tomorrow the World

T-Rex's Electric Warrior - Mambo Sun, Rip Off

Some that I really like that I didn't notice mentioned.

Aug 13, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #42 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick/Thick as a Brick
tongue.gif

Mike Oldfield -- Amarok. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back