Best acoustic songs that no-one knows about?
Mar 10, 2011 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

veggiop

New Head-Fier
Here is a challenge to all you acoustic lovers: what are the best acoustic songs that no-one but you know about? The kind of thing you throw into a conversation, after which everyone does that kind of scrunchy lip-thing as if to say, "no, no, only you know that one..."

I'll start.

1) 30 Odd Foot of Grunts - "Sail Those Same Oceans"
2) David Ford - "I Don't Care What You Call Me"
3) Robert Downey, jr - "Snakes"
4) Tabitha's Secret - "Dear Joan"

Go on, amuse me!

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #2 of 9

Quote:
Here is a challenge to all you acoustic lovers: what are the best acoustic songs that no-one but you know about? The kind of thing you throw into a conversation, after which everyone does that kind of scrunchy lip-thing as if to say, "no, no, only you know that one..."

I'll start.

1) 30 Odd Foot of Grunts - "Sail Those Same Oceans"
2) David Ford - "I Don't Care What You Call Me"
3) Robert Downey, jr - "Snakes"
4) Tabitha's Secret - "Dear Joan"

Go on, amuse me!

Not exactly a repeatable recording. But this song is my absolute favorite acoustic song ever. It's from the DVD. So I suppose it's repeatable.

John Butler Trio - Ocean
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsnFvEQYJPU

I've never heard anyone else mention John Butler Trio at all, much less this performance in particular.

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #3 of 9
My dad's a big Mike Oldfield fan, so I grew up hearing this one a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEJuuzhljP8&feature=related

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #6 of 9
Not exactly unknown, but I get the feeling that not many Head-Fi'ers are familiar with it: "6 & 12 String Guitar," by Leo Kottke.

I'd also get into my favorite jazz instrumentals, but there's an awful lot of those. But if you've never heard "Time Out" by Dave Brubeck, get a copy.

Mar 19, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #8 of 9
I've come across many great acoustical versions of songs on channel 30 of Sirius radio.  Unfortunately, the vehicle with Sirius in it is the one my wife drives, so we didn't renew the subscription.  It didn't pay to keep the subscription going for the one hour every 2 weeks that I'd drive it.  But, I did love Channel 30 - or, otherwise known as the "Coffee House Station".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back